Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live will not work.

• 03-01-2007 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

And its seriously beginning to piss me off cos i have no idea whats up or how to fix it. It was running fine up till 3 days ago.

I ran the Connection test and everything came up fine apart from XboxLive where it said failed and when i clicked 'more info'...there was none. Anybody else having problems with it? or any idea how to fix it? If you need more information just ask.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

No problems here - can you check the status of your account online -http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/default.htm

or u can call microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

Are you using manual or automatic network settings? I was having the same problem when I used the automatic settings. All other tests were passing except the XboxLive and when I went to more info it was blank. By messing around with things I found that the IP address generated seemed to be causing the problem some where don't have a clue why. It may be some thing to do with eircom or the router? When I manually input the network setting changing only the last digit of the IP address from .4 (which seemed to cause a problem) to any other number it worked fine. But if I used exactly the same details as the automatic option it still failed the XboxLive test.

I have it working now but if anyone can shed any light on this for me too it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ that sounds like you had another device on your network with the same IP address as the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

No that wasn't it cause when the IP address is the same as other computers on my network the test fails the IP test and doesn't even get to the XboxLive test. All tests pass except XboxLive. Also when I first encountered this problem I even tried to connect in a friends house and the same thing happened with the automatic setting. It was a quite frustrating as there seemend to be no reason. Got it working now using manual settings. Just wondered if someone else had a similar problem and actually got to the bottom of why this was happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Is your firewall up high ?thats what happened with me i had the exact same issue you have dropped my firewall down and worked fine .is all the info correct in your network setup screen ?wep etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Okay, me not being very technical minded have tried everything there. from changing my IP to turning off my firewall. Still doesnt work. Any other suggestions or any step by step things to do incase i did them wrong? Or will i just phone up Microsoft?:confused:

All sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

How was it fixed? Just so other people will know for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Lost count haw many times I told this to people (or seen others here say it) Cant we get it stuck at the top of the page? something like 'Eircom and Netopia? click here!' would work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement