Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i ****ed????

Options
  • 03-01-2007 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

ok havnt done any study yet ???????? am i compleatly ****ed ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Jesus no. I started studying about three weeks before exams started and got 390, obviously well below what I am capable of but in no way a terrible score.

Leaving Cert is overrated, no matter how you do you can always get to where you want to be in life even if you fail it, you can always repeat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

I got stoned every day of the week in school and never studied a bit for the leaving... got 240 points and am now in college.

Fu*k School.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

lol ok maybe the op should change his post to "ok have haven't done any study yet.. i wanna get about 500 points.. am i ****ed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im not saying this to sound cool or anything, but I only studied for each test the night before each exam, stayed up until 4am each night and still got 475 points. Obviously I lsitened in class, but constant studying is not necessary for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I was the same; I didnt open a book before Christmas, failed 2 Christmas exams; parents were going mad. Made a New Years Resolution to get my act together at the start of January term (utilising class time, and doing an hour or two a night) and got over 500 in the end.

If you've done no study yet, you're not f*cked, but if you choose not to kick old habits, you may well be! (f*cked is a bit strong; there are ways around the LC!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Take a deep breath and stop being so f*cking dramatic, n00b. Now that we're calm, go and get the nearest school book, and learn something. Now, tell me what you learned....are we ok now? Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dude, get off boards and study!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Rozabeez wrote:
    Take a deep breath and stop being so f*cking dramatic, n00b. Now that we're calm, go and get the nearest school book, and learn something. Now, tell me what you learned....are we ok now? Good.
    jeez mate, realx! the lad isn't being dramatic he's just getting worried about the LC like half the country do!
    what difference does it make if he's a "n00b" or not anyway?
    and by the way, I don't know about you, but for a lot of people it's not that easy to just sit down and start studying.
    so the next time think before you post a ridiculous comment!

anyway OP I was fairly ****ting it about this time last year. I was an idiot however; in the sense that I did no work right up until the last two-thre weeks and I totally underachieved!
    if I were you I would try and get it together now. if you do then all you have to do is an hour or two of revision per night and you should get fairly decent results!

Any time spent "****ting it" would be better spent studying.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    you're a clever cúnt aren't you!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Dont pay any attention to him.
    He does appear to be a bit of a git from his postings(no offence):P
    Anywho, I myself have found it hard to study up to this point.
    Usually I just pay attention in class and do 1:00-2:00 hours max per night.

For instance, I got a B2 in Business in my christmas test by just doing all my homework assignments properly instead of rote learning pages of scrawl like I did for History(D2-my worst subject:o ), thinking about the questions and choosing the most suitable ones is also very important as you know.
    Apply this method to all subjects(and in the case of maths do nothing else but just work systematically through the exam papers like a trojan.

This lark of studying for hours on end and over the weekend is a bit OTT (unless you want 600 of course):P
    I reckon if you just listen in class and do a bit every night....consistantly(one or two hours is ideal anything over that isnt as effective), you should be fine.

Also...Rozzabeez, that response was a bit harsh.

Naikon wrote:
    He does appear to be a bit of a git from his postings(no offence):P
    It's only fair I suppose, I probably am, but then again I can't pinpoint how exactly you might think this, I just guess I might come across that way. Care to provide some examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah im trying to get my act together now, today i went to the library and did about 2 hours and a bit, butthe main thing is consistency, i dont think doing major hours once or twice a week will have much benefit. If you do like 2 hours everynight it will have much more benefit imo.

Steak wrote:
    you're a clever cúnt aren't you!?

TBH, yeah he appears fairly intelligent, doesn't he?

Anyhows, in relation to my earlier post, it's 6 months 'till the leaving, have you any idea how many more of these threads we'll have to put up with before someone said what I did? COME ON.

BTW, calling my post ridiculous and then posting what I've just quoted? Muppet, anyone?

^Agreed.

All in favour of creating elitist LC Board clique say I.

"I"

Only messing, but in fairness threads like these are fairly useless. "Oh my God I'm so screwed I've done no study!" threads should be locked straight away IMO. If someone wants specific help with some aspects of studying or a particular subject that's grand, but threads like these are just spam IMO.

Perhaps there should be a stickied "Nevous Breakdowns" topic for all this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea im in the same boat mate, i have done absolutely no study at all this year... started failing maths but pulled up the boots for the christmas test and got meself a b1....

I was going to start today..... infact i was going to start Tuesday but it just never happens!

Im going to try get an hour and abit of physics done later tonight,.. i find i study better just before i head to bed...!!

But if ur fcuked so am i!

But i think studying is overrated... Pay attention in school, do your homework and study for school tests and yer grand..

But its when you arent even doing that which i wasnt when you've got a problem!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

Steoob wrote:
    lol ok maybe the op should change his post to "ok have haven't done any study yet.. i wanna get about 500 points.. am i ****ed???
    i done nothing cos nvr had time with sports etc to study till about february when i was made to supervised study...so i done 2 hours a week for 4 nites a week for 2 months and about 3 hours on sat and sunday each and got 450 in mocks, granted i stopped there and stupidly got drunk during my LC and stuff(hungover english and physics is a terrible idea) and dropped to like 370. but if i hadnt of been such a retard and actually continued studying after the mocks i could of easily got 500! you can do it youll just hae to put in some work! and dont slack after mocks!!!!!

way when i did study to motivate myself was...i wudnt let myself go out etc if i hadnt done my study. id be dying to go out to mtes or whatever but i wasnt allowed go out till i had X amount done or learned X amount of pages....i used to study just so i could go out! worked! until i stopped bothering after mocks! (i only needed 370 and had 450 so thought ah who cares im not bothering anymore ill easily get my points-nearly didnt!)

Rozabeez wrote:
    TBH, yeah he appears fairly intelligent, doesn't he?
    yeah, I'll be honest he does seem intelligent enough but that post below was just plain stupid!
    JC 2K3 wrote:

Rozabeez wrote:
    Anyhows, in relation to my earlier post, it's 6 months 'till the leaving, have you any idea how many more of these threads we'll have to put up with before someone said what I did? COME ON.
    no, I don't really have any idea how many there will be. I would take a guess and say that there will probably be a fair few though!

I was just trying to give the OP some useful advice; that's what I thought he was looking for!?
    anyway why such an abusive post like the one below!? basically you're saying, "sorry mate I couldn't be bothered with this shít. you're new here and for that I'm gonna disrespect you. would ya ever fúck off and study!", that's why I think it was a ridiculous post!
    Rozabeez wrote:

Rozabeez wrote:
    BTW, calling my post ridiculous and then posting what I've just quoted? Muppet, anyone?
    yeah, I called him a "clever cúnt" because he was trying to be smart and I wasn't the only one to pick up on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i studied the nite b4 each exam and two of my mates studied the whole year long, one got the same as me 385 and the other got 405!! they were pretty miffed at me lol

Steak wrote:
    "sorry mate I couldn't be bothered with this shít. you're new here and for that I'm gonna disrespect you. would ya ever fúck off and study!"
    The OP made topic consisting of a one line, poorly structured, unspecific and quite franky stupid question.

There's a name for posts like these, it's called spam.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The OP made topic consisting of a one line, poorly structured, unspecific and quite franky stupid question.
    it did consist of one line, it was poorly structured, it was sort of unspecific, but it wasn't a stupid question!
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    There's a name for posts like these, it's called spam.
    I honestly don't think the OP was spamming; I think he was asking a question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

What Have I Created !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Misticles wrote:
    i studied the nite b4 each exam and two of my mates studied the whole year long, one got the same as me 385 and the other got 405!! they were pretty miffed at me lol

^--- Sounds like what I did for my JC a few years ago. Minimum effort and still got 8 'A's at the end of it.

The thing is, everyone has different abilities, so some will need to do more study than others. I'm fairly sure I messed up my Christmas tests (still waiting for the results) and the reason for this is because I did no work through 5th year or the first half of this year. I'm doing a revision course this week that cost my parents a fair amount of money, which would not have been necessary if I had made an effort sooner.

My point is don't get too stressed out about the exams, but try to do a reasonable amount for the next 5 months and you should be fine. That's the way I'm approaching it anyway.

Right, Steak, I gave my advice, IMO it wasn't as abusive as you're making it out to be and a lot more useful than anything you've posted in this thread. You don't like my advice? You think I care? The advice wasn't for you, it was for someone that asked. I'm not going to give cutesy friendly false advice that I don't mean, the "noob" thing appears to have gotten to you, that was my idea of humour, my apologies if it bothered you. Seems we don't see eye to eye, but it's time you got over it, eh? Your posts have indeed been far more abusive than mine. Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well im only in 5th year but my plan (which im making up as i write this) is to study a bit for the pre's during the x mass hols but i will start studying for the LC around easter id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Nah, your not ****ed yet. :) Just take it easy, do what your teachers teach you, learn that, then recap slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nah your grand, really reminded me i must get down to that study thing.

If you want ****ed......STEOOB's your guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ZenforHead

I never believe people who said they only studied JUST before the leaving. Don't buy it. These are the same people who listened when they should've and did their homework, so DO sweat it. Get ****ing studying. Go do the easter grinds in the institute, if you can afford it and are in dublin, and if you're not in dublin try get some anyway. Just work your ass off, memorise your comparitive, your poems and your theorems (and what they mean), you won't get 500, but you'll be grand.

^I do, but not if they got above, say, 450.

I personally could get 450 without much effort, it's just natural ability I guess. However, the last 150 points will be extremely tough to get.

I believe after 6 long years in school I'd be happy with 550. Not that I need it or anything(course is 355), just for my own satisfaction.

I also do think it's very possible to get over 500 at this stage if you're only starting to study now. Again, depends on ability/willingness to apply oneself.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:
    Right, Steak, I gave my advice, IMO it wasn't as abusive as you're making it out to be and a lot more useful than anything you've posted in this thread. You don't like my advice? You think I care? The advice wasn't for you, it was for someone that asked. I'm not going to give cutesy friendly false advice that I don't mean, the "noob" thing appears to have gotten to you, that was my idea of humour, my apologies if it bothered you. Seems we don't see eye to eye, but it's time you got over it, eh? Your posts have indeed been far more abusive than mine. Chill.
    ok, you gave your advice and I gave mine. in your opinion your advice was more useful than mine and in my opinion mine was more useful than yours.

I don't like your advice and I don't think you care. but if when you say "give cutesy friendly false advice that I don't mean", you are implying that this is what I am doing, you are most definitely mistaken!

yeah, the "n00b" thing did get to me but if that was your idea of "humour" then I guess it's ok, I just didn't look at it that way and don't think I'll ever fully understand the humourous side of it!?

my posts have been more abusive than yours; but they were being abusive towads you and JC 2K3, not to the OP; who I still believe was just asking a question!

I know I wrecked the thread by going way off-topic, but I believe it to have been quite necessary because it's people like you and JC 2K3 who piss me off on these boards!

end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement