Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for a certain kind of laptop

• 03-01-2007 8:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Right, its time to change laptop soon (well, my bro asked for mine, so i can now think about upgrading, woo).

anyway, im in the market for a 13.3", 12.1" or smaller thats at a decent price.

im considering more a 2nd hand laptop than new (i dont mind 2nd hand, as its much much cheaper).

ideally looking for something in the pentium m region or higher.

anybody know where i can have a look for that and what options are available (which models?) or if anyone knows where i can get a 2nd hand one :)
    i would love the macbook, but new, its way out of my budget

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The problem with buying 2nd hand is the battery. If you are willing to put up with a battery that has a limited life and only gives an hour or less charge, then you will get one fairly cheap.

Try adverts.ie firstly, then e-bay, but be warned about e-bay, if it's too good to be true, then avoid it like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

yeah thought so. battery wouldnt be an issue. in the long run id probably be getting a high capacity as well.

got a really good deal on ebay some time back, couldnt believe the nice laptop i got for the price i got it for.

these days im not too fond of ebay. too many people out to make the quick buck on the head of others with shoddy stuff. u even have some people changing parts and all that and selling things that barely hold together then say no returns!

adverts.ie im totally for, but these kinds of laptops are hard to come by...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

recommend the samsung q35 for under 1500
    core duo 2 2ghz 1280 ram 7 hours battery life (max) 21.1" ultra bright screen
    very light - small and neat
    got mine at digiuk.co.uk -

mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=49J7&InMerch=1

Sony C-Series is the dogs, I have it a month now. Dabs have €250 off it at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

keep an eye on the dell outlet store, I managed to get a dell xps m1210 last month for €850 including vat and delivery and am quite happy with it, it even had the extended battery in it for up to 10hrs of use

• Advertisement
Advertisement