Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree disposal

Options
  • 03-01-2007 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there will be a Christmas tree disposal point in the area next weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Hi there, the South Beach car park is a disposal point for Christmas trees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We got a flyer in the door yesterday advertising a tree collection service for €5. I guess they just bring it to the drop off point for you.

Probably incredibly lazy, but if it means you don't get your car full of needles, so much the better. We won't be using my car to drop the tree off, so I don't care about the needles!

If anyone wants the number, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Going to use this service myself. Sounds handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

What has the world come to, how lazy have we become. PM me and i will collect your tree and carry it down to the Car Park at the south beach for €4.50, i could do with the exercise !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Are you sure theres a disposal point at South Beach? Didn't see it, I had assumed it was the same guys that have sent that flyer about. We're now paying them to collect a tree which they will make a profit from anyway by mulching it and selling it on.
    Wonder what we'll be charged next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The disposal point doesn't open til 6th Jan.

It's bad luck to take your tree down before then anyway. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

It's bad luck to take your tree down before then anyway. Apparently.

Oops! I thought it was bad luck to leave your tree up after 6th January not to take it down! :eek:

The disposal point may not be open yet but there were a pile of trees there when I drove by earlier, right under the 'no dumping' sign!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Xmas tree recycling is definitely at the south beach carpark from the 6th - it was in the Wicklow Times and Bray People. I'd imagine the guys running the €5 collection service are just dropping the trees to there (probably the same guys who were selling the trees before Xmas, seemed to be Durkans builders doing a nixer).

Advertisement