Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Question

• 03-01-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Alright here the thing. I heard that on the xbox 360 there is an extra charge(not the broadband bill) to get online play. I want to know is this the same for PS3 and if so what are the details?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope free to play online with the PS3 although it isn't nearly as good as XboxLive yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭andyps2.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Right now it's free, but Sony have stated that it's out of their hands if some developers choose to charge a fee to play online with their games.

Got another question for you. Do I need the premeim pack to get wi-fi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

andyps2.5 wrote:
    Got another question for you. Do I need the premeim pack to get wi-fi
    yup
    wiki page -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3

• Advertisement

But if you read through that article fully you will read that there is no "Foreseeable" way of adding a wireless card to the basic model.
    But Sony could just release a USB Wireless card.

But as of right now the premium machine is the only way of getting wireless capability.

Crap:( . Alright thanks guys

What's up?Did you order the basic model online?
    Or had you only planned on getting the basic model?

Planned to. I thought I would save some cash if I got basic. Oh Well I guess have to go for the premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

could you not just get the basic model and use a cable??

• Advertisement

But if you read through that article fully you will read that there is no "Foreseeable" way of adding a wireless card to the basic model.
    But Sony could just release a USB Wireless card.

But as of right now the premium machine is the only way of getting wireless capability.

I don't think so. As you can see from the quote above there is no "Foreseeable" way of adding a wireless card to the basic model.
    See Wikapedia on ps3 for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Apparently you will be able to download old ps1 games on it too, which should be a good laugh. Replay some of the classic. And their is also talk of sony making it possible to download new games in the not too distant future so you wont even have to leave your house anymore :)

I'd say those future games would be demos. Kind of make all magazines useless to me. But as ps1 games go I just want "Team Buddies". I havn't played for ages and its impossoble to find.

Advertisement