Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Ripwave Problems

Options
  • 03-01-2007 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone else having problems with ripwave in the last 3-4 days? Since the 31st, I have only been able to access a limited number of sites. They seemed to partly fix it yesterday, but now I can still not upload any files(e.g. a photo to bebo).

I live in Rathmines/Ranelagh area. Anyone else been experiencing any problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I can't read my Gmails or access Myspace.

Anyojne know a web proxy that can?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Havent you heard, it will be fixed at 6 O'Clock, on what day at six o clock no one at IBB knows.

That is the time being given to me every fcuking day since Sunday. While I can send messages over boards, I cannot send emails via vodafone.ie

I cannot make posts on blogger.com or use msn messenger either.

If I remember correctly there was a guy whoring IBB on boards. where is he now?

Gmail are also having technical problems, which is making things worse.

On Sunday it was a DNS failure at Irish Broadband
    Monday it was a Routing Problem
    Tuesday it worked for 45 minutes between 1000 hrs and 1045 hrs
    Wednesday it was a degredation in the entire network.

Ripwave is a pile of **** in my opinion and I am eagerly waiting for my magnet to be installed at my new address.

Hurry the hell up magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hurry the hell up magnet.
    Fastest company ever IMO! And that's with having to wait for Eircom to approve switch over of the line and then send an engineer to get connected to the Magnet network!

In average I'd say it takes 5 working days (if you don't port your number).

And compared to IBB (RipWave or Breeze) well... Let's not even compare them...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

can access gmail but having problems with messenger/hotmail last few days. sandyford area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Just tried to send a PM on boards.ie - no dice

It seems that the amount being uploaded is beyond a certain size, then your ****ed basically.

These IBB people don't seem to give a damn about their customers. They would have these issues resolved by now if they did, or they would be more forthright with them if they did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Just tried to send a PM on boards.ie - no dice

It seems that the amount being uploaded is beyond a certain size, then your ****ed basically.

These IBB people don't seem to give a damn about their customers. They would have these issues resolved by now if they did, or they would be more forthright with them if they did

You can feel free to substitute almost any Irish telecoms operator for IBB there and the sentence remains true.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Yeah, I can't use msn messenger either, or read my gmail emails(I can see them, I just can't go into them). There are lots of other random sites that are not working or only partly working.

Very strange problem. There seems to be no pattern to what works and what doesnt, although anything involving uploading more than a few kbs, doesn't seem to work.

Just rang their customer service and they have an automated warning that "there is a severe degredation across their whole network, they are aware of it, and working on it".

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

ok so far in sandyford tonight. getting msn etc again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

in my case, whenever i call them, they say that it's my own computer that's faulty. on the other hand, when i called some IT guy to fix my computer, he told me it's the provider, not the computer.
    how could i make them (ibb) take me seriously???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

IBB in the maynooth area has been a complete disaster for the past week.
    Its been slower than dial up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

enigma365, what sites were you able to access? for me, only google worked. (including google talk.)

Advertisement