Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get these exact tires?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Where would i get these online in Europe! bontrager mud x 26*2.1, can seem to find them?

or

whats your winter mtb tires? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Panaracer Fire XC Pro's - 2.1 front and rear - Cracking good tyre, self cleaning and nice and grippy in the sticky stuff. They also track well in the muck at speed which inspires a higher level of confidence than many other tyres I've tried.

You'll get them most places that sell decent MTB kit for around €25/30 a wheel and it's well worth it. I'll run them all year for fire road and singletrack use and if I run them up to around 60psi they're relatively useable on the road too.

Great winter tyre though - Can't recommend them highly enough. Come to think of it, I haven't had a puncture all last year either :D

Here's the linky:
    http://panaracer.com/eng/products/mtb/xc.html#fire_xc_pro

In fact, looking just below the XC Pro, they've a Mud tyre too - Looks similar but with greater spacing between the knobs. I might be tempted to get one for the back to try it out, although like I said, the XC Pro's work a treat.

Incidentally, I have a Kona hardtail and a Kona 5" full susser, both running these tyres. I've also tried Conti's, Maxxis, Tioga and Hutchinson tyres on these bikes and settled on the XC pro's after a bit of trial and error on both bikes. I weigh around 80kgs and usually ride around Cloon, 3 Rock, Masseys type trails - If it helps put things in context.

Cheers,

Gil

Advertisement