Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club In Skerries

Options
  • 03-01-2007 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Any one know anything about club ocean in skerries. Ive heard its pretty good. any other opinions. i want to take a trip out. but would like a few opinions before hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's a tiny place and full of locals, not worth a trip out of your way in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

helpme wrote:
    Ive heard its pretty good.

Whoever told you that was taking the mick.

The only redeeming feature that the place has is that it serves alcohol after the pubs close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Only good thing about it is, you can walk to it and walk home (if you are local).

I haven't been in ages, and don't plan going back. The last time I was there it was a complete disaster, the final straw came when I ordered a few Baby Guinness' and the bar man pured the Bailey's over his finger instead of a spoon. The only reason I didn't complain was I was out with friends I hadn't seen in years and didn't want to make a scene.

It used to be good years ago, but has gradually gone down since it was sold to Moran's, then when the current guys bought it over it took a complete nose-dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, its pretty much just full of locals and tiny. Mirrors line the wall along the 'dancefloor' Snazzy :p ...and so you can gawk at yourself :) If you're not staying in Skerries, Lusk, Rush or Balbriggan that night it can be impossible to get back home as the taxi drivers that wait outside love the short local runs at that time of night in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rockee wrote:
    If you're not staying in Skerries, Lusk, Rush or Balbriggan that night it can be impossible to get back home as the taxi drivers that wait outside love the short local runs at that time of night in that area.
    :confused: What the taxi drivers love is irrevelant! You take a seat and state your destination. He/she is obliged to take you. If not contact take his/her number and contact http://www.taxiregulator.ie/ I can never understand why people stand outside the car 'ask' a taxi driver to take them to their destination! If they are on duty, tell them where you wish to go. I wouldn't put up with that crap from any driver. If they ask me where I'm going before I get into the taxi, I ignore them and wait until I'm seated. (Apologies for the rant Rockee but the general public's weakness re taxi drivers is something which bugs me :))

Customer Rights

As a customer, it is your right to:

Not be charged more than the metered fare when travelling by taxi or no more than the agreed fare.
    Not be charged more than the agreed fare when travelling by hackney or limousine;
    Be given a printed receipt at the end of a taxi journey, and a written receipt on payment of the fare for a hackney or limousine journey;
    Not be unreasonably refused service with a 30km radius of the pick up point/point of hire;
    See driver licence details and fare card clearly displayed;
    Direct the destination and route taken;
    Be accompanied by a guide dog/mobility aid at no extra charge;
    A driver who is courteous and helpful;
    A driver who is neatly dressed;
    A driver who knows the major routes and destinations;
    Be carried in a clean and roadworthy vehicle

• Advertisement

(Apologies for the rant Rockee but the general public's weakness re taxi drivers is something which bugs me :))

Apologies to another Rush man Wishbone!! :) It was a lazy judgement in fairness on my behalf...Im just glad my days of standing outside there freezin are over!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

:confused: What the taxi drivers love is irrevelant! You take a seat and state your destination. He/she is obliged to take you. If not contact take his/her number and contact http://www.taxiregulator.ie/ I can never understand why people stand outside the car 'ask' a taxi driver to take them to their destination! If they are on duty, tell them where you wish to go. I wouldn't put up with that crap from any driver. If they ask me where I'm going before I get into the taxi, I ignore them and wait until I'm seated. (Apologies for the rant Rockee but the general public's weakness re taxi drivers is something which bugs me :))

Customer Rights

As a customer, it is your right to:

Not be charged more than the metered fare when travelling by taxi or no more than the agreed fare.
    Not be charged more than the agreed fare when travelling by hackney or limousine;
    Be given a printed receipt at the end of a taxi journey, and a written receipt on payment of the fare for a hackney or limousine journey;
    Not be unreasonably refused service with a 30km radius of the pick up point/point of hire;
    See driver licence details and fare card clearly displayed;
    Direct the destination and route taken;
    Be accompanied by a guide dog/mobility aid at no extra charge;
    A driver who is courteous and helpful;
    A driver who is neatly dressed;
    A driver who knows the major routes and destinations;
    Be carried in a clean and roadworthy vehicle

I doubt that any Taxi Driver would refuse a long distance fare, I'd say they are more concerned that the punter falling out of a club at 3am and wanting to go from Skerries to Santry will no doubt be either in a coma on the back seat or blow chunks all over the car by the time they get there. Short journey less chance of a puker I'd say. Did You ever do designated driver for a night??

Rockee wrote:
    Im just glad my days of standing outside there freezin are over!
    Yeah, me too (well not Club Ocean) but the others. :D

Yeah, me too (well not Club Ocean) but the others. :D

Hahaha!!! True true. Id rather stand outside Club Ocean though than say...oooh...'The Stage' :eek:

Dubsmax wrote:
    Short journey less chance of a puker I'd say
    Short journeys are much more lucrative because of the initial charge €4.20+ €1 per extra passenger (or €6.20 + €1 per extra passenger for a call out). They could do 5 or 6 short journeys for each longer one. I think if they were that terrified of a 'puker' they would stick to days. (There is a €75(?) soilage charge).

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote:
    Hahaha!!! True true. Id rather stand outside Club Ocean though than say...oooh...'The Stage' :eek:
    The Boot Inn:eek:
    Tamangoes:eek:
    Thee Place:eek:
    Lucianos:eek:
    Shenanagians:eek:
    Bad Bob's:eek:
    GG's:eek:

Oh Jaysus :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I accept that challenge who will join me???

gillo wrote:
    I accept that challenge who will join me???
    I presume most of them are closed now. My dancing days are long over! :D

:confused: What the taxi drivers love is irrevelant! You take a seat and state your destination. He/she is obliged to take you. If not contact take his/her number and contact http://www.taxiregulator.ie/ I can never understand why people stand outside the car 'ask' a taxi driver to take them to their destination! If they are on duty, tell them where you wish to go.

A taxi driver is under no obligation to take you on journeys over 30km. So in fact they not obliged to take you, some rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bluetonic wrote:
    A taxi driver is under no obligation to take you on journeys over 30km. So in fact they not obliged to take you, some rant :)

As he said himself...he means less than 30km.
    Dubsmax wrote:
    What the taxi drivers love is irrevelant! You take a seat and state your destination. He/she is obliged to take you.
    Dubsmax wrote:

You know, those out of the way places like Dublin City. :-/

Bluetonic wrote:
    Bluetonic - if you read further down in my post you will see that I had clarified that and had even highlighted it in red. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Ocean is a bit of a dive imo. I've lived in Skerries all my life but haven't been up there in a long time. The only good thing is the fact that its easy to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Rockee wrote:

LOL, have to agree with you there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

susanna wrote:
    Ocean is a bit of a dive imo. I've lived in Skerries all my life but haven't been up there in a long time. The only good thing is the fact that its easy to get home

when was the last time you where there. have you been there isnce the new owners took over?

the security staff are pretty good now. they dont take any crap from anyone so. but are still nice. so there si no scum in the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carriebradshaw

club ocean is awful! its now called 'shags'. And fair enough people did used to call it that for short but to actually put a sign over the door saying shags is a bit ridiculous. the new o'carroll guys are knobs too and the DJs are ****e.

In conclusion, save you 10euro!!

club ocean is awful! its now called 'shags'. And fair enough people did used to call it that for short but to actually put a sign over the door saying shags is a bit ridiculous. the new o'carroll guys are knobs too and the DJs are ****e.

OMG, LOL * 100!

Hope your ok babe, big hugs and kisses.

Bebo better know about this...

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I presume most of them are closed now. My dancing days are long over! :D

No way!!! is Lucianos closed?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Hope your ok babe, big hugs and kisses.

Bebo better know about this...

xxx

LMAO :pac::D:pac::D Ahhhhh... Carrie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I used to do the DJing for parties at Tommy Bahamas, I notice now it's going to be a Italian Restuarant. Just what Skerries needs! I have done a couple of gigs at shags, and although I like going to clubs as a punter, it wouldn't be my first choice. It has a retro feel about it, but really people want places to sit, and a decent sized dancefloor.

The DJ booth is very small as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

So true when the place had the name Shenanagians and locals for a JOKE called it SHAGS. The new owners thought this would be a really good name for a club! Good thinking guys…:D
    Imagine some young one telling her Da; that she was going to Shags tonight!! Dead sophisticated!:eek:
    It’s a hell hole and the only time you’ll find yourself in there is when your four sheets to the wind. The door men are a whole different story I couldn’t even go there!:mad:

The interior is like a kick back to the eighties with a postage stamp dance floor surrounded by wall mirrors, it’s like a sheep dip on steroids. The bar staff, don’t give to fiddling F**Ks about the customers, if you do get served, their under the impression that their doing you a big favour.

Major attitude problems, from management right down.

DJ? :confused:

The only reason people go there is for late booze and nowhere else in the locality to go.

WARNING to be avoided at all COST and COST it will! ;)

Advertisement