Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Voucher

• 03-01-2007 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey all, got €300 voucher for brown thomas, was goin to buy a pair of jimmy choos for myself but didnt see anythin i liked mainly cos its sale stuff, but alas it is burning a hole in my pocket, should i wait a while or has anyone any advice on what i could spend it on ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

My god your so lucky!!! I wouldnt know where to start, probably the MAC counter though!

Although €300 barely buys you a pair of socks in BT!

yeah exactly buy mac makeup! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

i dont have any mac make up, i tend to stick to estee lauder and ysl is mac good? i have the mac foundation brush but thats about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

MAC is very good, there's a massive range and you'll always find stuff that you want there. However if you're not sure about it, you could always just use your voucher for the YSL and Estee Lauder counters instead and stick to what you know!

I think it'd be a good idea to wait a while before spending it though. It'd be really easy to spend that amount of money on buying loads of new make-up, but it'd probably be more worthwhile to buy a gorgeous pair of shoes or a great bag that will last for ages, instead of makeup that'll be gone in a couple of months.

Even if there's nothing there now, the sales will be be over in a week or so and all the new stuff will be coming in.

thanks stargal, true enough, i dont mind paying my own money for make up or that so i think i will wait and get a nice pair of shoes, was looking at dkny bags but they only had brown ones, would prefer a black one. i think ill go with the shoes tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Get a pair of Sevens jeans if you don't already have some. Well worth the price.

rb_ie wrote:
    Get a pair of Sevens jeans if you don't already have some. Well worth the price.

ive heard of these yes didnt kno bts did them. how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

Since it was a gift and you'd like to get something decent I would:

~ Put it towards a designer bag/wallet and pay the rest yourself.
    ~ Buy some nice sunnies. Got a Chanel pair last week reduced from 205 euro to 164 in the sale.

The jeans are overpriced and you'd get them cheaper in the States. I would only buy them in Dublin if you really found your "holy grail" pair. :)

You could always wait til the sales are over and put it towards a really nice pair of shoes.

Don't spend it just for the sake of it, I somehow (God knows how!) managed to keep one for a year! Mostly because I kept forgetting about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There's some very nice stuff in BT2 in the sale if that's more your style.

I got a €20 Awear/BT/BT2 voucher but even with my other christmas money I couldn't afford anything in the sale :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Busterpuss wrote:
    ive heard of these yes didnt kno bts did them. how much?
    According to this they're 50% off. Can't recall the specifc prices of them at the moment, oddly enough (considering I worked with them for over a year), but they're well worth it, they do great things for a womans figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'd buy some crystal or something.. but I'm weird like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Completely OT: But daiiki how do you become UNlegal in 9 months and three weeks? Are you ageing in reverse or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

My visa runs out and I'll no longer be able to work and live here!
    ./edit: then I'm going to travel and go home.. and I'm kinda homesick.

rb_ie wrote:
    According to this they're 50% off. Can't recall the specifc prices of them at the moment, oddly enough (considering I worked with them for over a year), but they're well worth it, they do great things for a womans figure.

i think ill go with these then. thanks for the thread. i wouldn buy crystal, its the shoes or the jeans for me i think! i dont want to spend it just for the sake of it either tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Why not give some of it to charity, that would be like so much more kind than spending it on yourself on mac make up or jimmy choo's.

You could raffle it off here ;)

Sizzler wrote:
    Why not give some of it to charity, that would be like so much more kind than spending it on yourself on mac make up or jimmy choo's.

You could raffle it off here ;)

ill give it my very own busterpuss charity :rolleyes: :p

Busterpuss wrote:
    ill give it my very own busterpuss charity :rolleyes: :p

Nice outlook :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I want to go shopping :(

fabcat wrote:
    I want to go shopping :(

me three, i think ill hang onto it until i have an urge i cant suppress as there will be no shoppin til the end of jan :rolleyes:

Busterpuss wrote:
    me three, i think ill hang onto it until i have an urge i cant suppress as there will be no shoppin til the end of jan :rolleyes:

Wheres the charity, I bet you're only shopping for the sake of it ;)

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    Wheres the charity, I bet you're only shopping for the sake of it ;)

I told you its the busterpuss charity.....:p

i am not i tell you..... i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to do it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ulc84

rb_ie wrote:
    I bought a pair of these today ( Well if you mean 7 for all mankind!) for men. They're very nice, they were further reduced to half price.

Advertisement