Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 diesel estate - price?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I have my eye on a Nov '03 plate Mazda 6 diesel in the UK with 40k miles in the TS2 spec. The asking price is £10k stg, so if I was to manage to get 750stg off for cash and clear it, with expenses, I am looking at about just under 20k euro.

There is very little to compare it with over here as they are very rare and the spec on Irish models is poor. Only one I have found is http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=505909 but the spec on this one is poor compared to teh TS2 models in the UK.

What would people think of this price or should I expect to pay less for it? Considering the manufacturers warranty is now expired and the garages warranty isn't worth a pi$$ over here, I should be expecting to get a decent cash discount. Its from a main dealer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I have my eye on a Nov '03 plate Mazda 6 diesel in the UK with 40k miles in the TS2 spec. The asking price is £10k stg, so if I was to manage to get 750stg off for cash and clear it, with expenses, I am looking at about just under 20k euro.

There is very little to compare it with over here as they are very rare and the spec on Irish models is poor. Only one I have found is http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=505909 but the spec on this one is poor compared to teh TS2 models in the UK.

What would people think of this price or should I expect to pay less for it? Considering the manufacturers warranty is now expired and the garages warranty isn't worth a pi$$ over here, I should be expecting to get a decent cash discount. Its from a main dealer.

€20k sounds expensive to me for a 4 year old Mazda 6 diesel. Have a look on carzone for a price on a similar diesel saloon or hatchback. The estate will probably be worth a bit less as there is limited demand for them over the saloon or estate. I think €17k or €17.5k is a bit more realistic imo which is roughly what the VRT calculator is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    €20k sounds expensive to me for a 4 year old Mazda 6 diesel

I agree. The list price brand new is €30.6k, so yours for about €28k cash plus options. I'd seriously consider buying new if a 4 year old will set you back €20k albeit with a better spec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

unkel wrote:
    I agree. The list price brand new is €30.6k, so yours for about €28k cash plus options. I'd seriously consider buying new if a 4 year old will set you back €20k albeit with a better spec
    if this spec was available here, with metallic paint, it would be €34k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bazz26 wrote:
    €20k sounds expensive to me for a 4 year old Mazda 6 diesel. Have a look on carzone for a price on a similar diesel saloon or hatchback. The estate will probably be worth a bit less as there is limited demand for them over the saloon or estate. I think €17k or €17.5k is a bit more realistic imo which is roughly what the VRT calculator is saying.
    The problem in the UK is that estates are more popular than they are here. I was over last month and saw very little MPV's on the road, but a lot of estates.

Estates are typically more expensive to buy anyway

Advertisement