Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Meals for the New Year

• 03-01-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,259 ✭✭✭✭

Like many (most?) other people one of my new year's resolutions is to get myself in shape and as they'd tell you on the fitness forum, the first place to start is by eating healthier. So in that spirit I'm creating this thread for us to share our low-fat, low-carb, high-flavour recipes.

Anyone got any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Mexican Quasedias (can't spell?!)...droollll.....

This is healthy, delicious and easy to make. Serves 1.

Ingredients

1 chicken fillet (bite sized pieces)
    I clove of garlic (finely diced or crushed)
    1 onion (chopped into bite sized pieces)
    1 red pepper ( sliced into strips)
    1 tomatoe
    1/2 chilli pepper (chopped & deseeded)
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more depending how spicy you want it to be)
    Jalepeno peppers
    Cracked black pepper
    Low fat cheese
    Salsa (bought or home made)
    Hommous (optional)
    2 soft tortillas
    1 dollop of low fat sour cream of natural yogurt (if ya wanna take all the fun out of it..)

Method

1) Pre-heat grill to a medium heat.

2) In a pan, fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 mins, followed by the chilli and red pepper.

3) Add the chicken and coat with the cayenne pepper and a dash of water.

4) Add the tomatoe and seasoning ans simmer for 5 minutes.

5) In the meantime, spread the hommous over one of the tortillas. Add the chicken stirfry mix. Try to keep most of the mix in the centre so it doesn't spill over the edges. Top mixture with jalepenos and cheese and place the other tortilla on top, much like a sandwich.

6) Place under pre-heated grill for 5-7 minutes, turn and again grill for 5-7 minutes until crisp.

7) Serve with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.....YUM!!!

Advertisement