Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professional indemnity insurance

Options
  • 03-01-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I am about to embark on a little enterprise which requires me to have Professional Indemnity Insurance. However, in '07 I very little work will be available to me - cutting a long story short, its being phased in and wont really be a full time number until 2008.

Q.1 - Is it possible that I can find an insurance company that will quote on this basis ie. based on the quantity of work taken on?

Q.2 - Is it possible to get insured directly through a UK based insurance company or is it only legal through an irish company/broker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Q.1 - Is it possible that I can find an insurance company that will quote on this basis ie. based on the quantity of work taken on?

I doubt it as most companies price on the level of insurance required, ie up to a million or up to 2 million.
    Q.2 - Is it possible to get insured directly through a UK based insurance company or is it only legal through an irish company/broker?

I may be wrong but I guess its like all insurance you have to insured in the country that your operating in ( its not possible to get uk car insurance for a car been driven full time in Ireland)

If your looking for insurance try Quinn Direct or Davitt and Davitt in Mullingar there brokers and will give you more details

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, I'd put in a low estimate of expected work, and then up it as the year proceeds if you get more work than the estimate. The insurance company will not refuse your money, that much is certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Thanks for the input. Just need to get confirmation on the amount I need to get indemnified for. Thereafter I will be getting quotes and will report back the outcome.

Advertisement