Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio horn

Options
  • 03-01-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace a '99 Clio carhorn which has stopped working. Can someone tell me if you can buy these fairly easily and if they are easy to replace?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why are you replacing the horn? Could it be something else such as the fuse, the wiring, the steering connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

I was assuming you gotta replace the horn, i dont know anything about cars really. can you tell me where to look for the fuse or how to tell if the fuse is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

check the horn wire is working with a tester first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Fusebox should be below the steering wheel, possibly a little off to the right. There should be a "map" of sorts on the cover, so follow that until you see "horn". Look at the back of the fuse, and if the wire is broken, the fuse is blown (you may need to pull out the fuse to see this). You will probably have fuses marked "spare" in there; use one of those to replace the blown own (make sure that if the one you take out says "10", you replace it with one marked "10", replace "5" with "5", etc).

At the next garage that sells fuses, replace your spare just in case you need it again.

If you have to replace the horn, consider airhorns for added fun!!!

Hope this helps.

Advertisement