Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry Pearl and e-mail/internet

• 03-01-2007 12:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Could somebody please give me a brief overview about how I go about connecting a blackberry pearl up to e-mail and internet please?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I presume you are on O2?
    You need to sign up to the blackberry data package (20 euro p/m)
    Contact customer care and they will set you up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I am on O2. Cheers, I'll look into that.

Argh, this is going to be a head****.
    I've arrange to get the £10 package, which don't take affect until next week. But in the mean time, surely I should be able to use up what I have in my tarriff?
    I;ve tired everything, but I can't even get basic web access!

Any ideas what the problem might be?
    Bear in mind, that the Blackberry isn't the original phone that I bought with the contract.

Cheers,
    Steve.

What 10 euro package are you talking about, what is included in that in terms of minute and texts

Hi Folks,
    Please help, I'm really tearing my hair out here!

Provider: O2
    Phone: Pearl

I have no BB Browser all, and have tried everything to get it, to no avail.
    I always have "Data connection refused" at the top of my screen.
    I've registered my PIN and IMEI at o2email.couk (the O2 BIS) and clicked the "Send Service Books" button. Still nothing.

I've installed Opera, it cannot connect either.
    I've put my SIM card into another phone, it works fine there.
    When I do the Email Setup from the setup wizard, I only have two options 1) "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server" or 2) I want to skip email setup.
    I have wiped the phone and upgraded the O2 firmware, to 4.2.0.64. Still no BB Browser. Is there a seperate installed for it?
    I'm sick of being send round and round in circles by O2 and webpages!

Please, what am I doing wrong?
    Richieg: It's just more kb's bought. I should be able to gain access to the web regardless.

Cheers!
    Steve.

• Advertisement

Have you contacted customer service to ensure everything is setup as necessary on your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Hi Steve

If the o2 Data Team have set up all provisioning etc, on your account then this may be worth a try. Worked for me on a BB 7100 o2 IE when I accidentally removed the browser. I now have a Pearl and the procedure seems similar:

Try this -- on the Pearl, go into Options and then Advanced Options. Scroll to Host Routing Table, you should have one or more entries here. (typical O2 entry in the ROI ---> 272 IE [27200230])

Press the Blackberry key to the left of the trackball and choose "Register Now". Once complete, exit to the Applications menu and check to see if the browser has appeared. If not, try with one of the other entries.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up O2 data support on 1850601740. Explain you bought a Blackberry off someone and are trying to set it up on your account.

They should be able to sort it out from there.

n.b. don't ring them from the Blackberry.

Hi Folks,
    Thanks!
    I've tried the Host Routing Table thingy.
    According to O2, I should be "hooked up" tomorrow.
    According to others sites, I need a BB data plan to enable the whole thing. So they are supposed to have that enabled from tomorrow.
    I'll get back to you then to let you know how it went!

Cheers,
    Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

sinecurea wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    Thanks!
    I've tried the Host Routing Table thingy.
    According to O2, I should be "hooked up" tomorrow.
    According to others sites, I need a BB data plan to enable the whole thing. So they are supposed to have that enabled from tomorrow.
    I'll get back to you then to let you know how it went!

Cheers,
    Steve.
    They should be able to add it to your account right away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yes. They should have been able to set it up instantly
    Anyway, once they set it up with Blackberry services, your "data connection refused" will go and also, at the moment your screen will be showing gprs. Once they sort it out, it will show GPRS in uppercase letters. Once you see this, its ready to go and it will automatically add browser icons at that stage

Bought my pearl online from O2 and waiting for porting to go through before I order my b'berry service book. I set up desktop software on my PC to sync with outlook but I don't have the option to setup redirector or online email sync(BIS) do I have to have the service book before these 2 options will be available to setup

Got everything sorted, they activated my data stuff ,and everything just started happening automatically. :)
    Cheers!

Advertisement