Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen floor measurements

Options
  • 03-01-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hiya just wondering could anyone give me measurements for the kitchen floor in the 2 bed town house. Hoping to move in in a couple of weeks and want to buy kitchen tiles, durkan gave me the measurements for kitchen/dining room combined Thanks any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Emma,

There are a few questions that would need to be answered first before people can help you!...

Is your kitchen in the front or the back of the house?!

What part are you looking to tile? Just the galley part (as in the area just between the two worktops)? Or the Galley area plus the area from the kitchen door to the end of the galley? Do you want continuous tiling from inside the Guest WC, the Inner Hall, rigt through to the Kitchen?

Astro!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

hi sorry kitchen is to the front of the house and I just want measurements for space between the work tops and to the end of the presses literally just the galley kitchen area thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I don't have one of the kitchens to the front and I am guessing you are buying a house in the Park...I'm in the Wood but generally the layout is the same!!!

The distance between the two worktops is usually 1100-1200mm...and from end to end is 2600mm. This is a small space at 3.2 sq metres. You'll need to add 10% for waste! 3.6 sq metres total lets say.

The boxes usually come in 1 sq.m sizes...4 boxes so! Add in adhesive, grout, edge bars (if you want them), labour (if you don't do it yourself), self-levelling compound (if the builder hasn' levelled the floor properly!).

Hope this helps!

Astro.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

your a star thanks a million!:)

Advertisement