Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting Vodafone to Three

• 03-01-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Recently got a 6280 on three and im currently on vodafone. Applied through the carphone warehouse on Friday 29th for my number to be ported over. Was told there’s a delay of a day or two but I didn’t think it would be this long. Rang carphone warehouse to see if they know what’s causing the delay. They mentioned its a vodafone issue and they have a backlog of numbers to be ported.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone know if I can get it speeded up or do I have to wait inline?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Friend of mine had the same problem and apparently the delay was caused by Vodafone (not sure if yours is the same cause mind..)

He phoned the customer service line and it was done in a couple of hours so probably worth giving them a call...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vodafone likes to run porting off every now and then to stop people leaving their network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Porting should only take about 2 hours. If it takes longer than 24 hours, there is definitely a problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Porting should only take about 2 hours. If it takes longer than 24 hours, there is definitely a problem.

Agreed, normally 2-3 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ I ported about a year ago form vodafone to 3
    took almost 2 days
    vodafone desperatly trying to hang on to me hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There are major issues with Vodafone porting at the moment. Basically, everything from just before Christmas to today is going extremely slow with turnout times averaging around 7 days at the moment. Poor show from Vodafone, especially at this time of year. There's no issues with any of the other firms. It's all Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Cheers for the replies.

Rang 3 today, they couldn’t do anything for me. Didn’t even have any info for my 3 mobile number on there systems. Rang Vodafone, they checked with there porting departing to see if a request had gone through. They also had no info on the porting request. Was advised to contact the shop i bought the phone from as Vodafone will only take porting requests from dealers of the phone. Rang the shop i bought the phone from. Turned out the person who was suppost to put the request through never took the full information need to reg my 3 phone. Request has now gone through properly, have to wait 24 hours for the outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ I have a feeling with the way vodafone are acting at the moment you will be waiting more than 24hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

bought a three phone on the 23rd of december and have requested a port 3 times since then and then when i just rang vodafone they said that there has been no request put to them from 3 WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Well its been 24hrs and nothing.... gonna call vodafone tomorrow.

Steoob how come you didnt go through the shop you purchase the phone from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

logistic wrote:
    Well its been 24hrs and nothing.... gonna call vodafone tomorrow.

Steoob how come you didnt go through the shop you purchase the phone from.
    i did! the first time then the second 2 over the phone.. did another one tonight and still im gettin the same excuses

Advertisement