Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the bicycle couriers??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

I've just come across another new fixed gear complete bike designed in the UK called the Charge Plug (go to www.chargebikes.com/products and click on the link to 'Plug'). Costs the same as a spez langster but i think it looks cooler and has a steel frame (steel is always better for fixies in my book). The langster has a aluminum frame.

coming out next month or August. comes with a flip flop hub and brakes front and rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eze

flip flop hubs in da basement of cycle ways or 40 squid! gd enuf lukin!

(PRICES RITE AT TIME OF PRINT AS I WENT IN DIS AFTERNOON)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Cycleways do SYSTEM EX flip flop ubs for 40 bucks. I got on ea while back when I built my fixed gear from an old roadie frame, they are ok to do the job intended but not flash. Personally speaking I enjoy riding fixed gear around the city for shorter journies (my frames geometry isn't the greatest for fixed gear and its thrown together from old parts lying around...so its not the most comfortable machine to ride). When I switch to my old school single speed (freewheel) it makes such a refreshing change being able to relax the legs on the downhills. For longer cycles I'd use my road bike or singlespeed depending on where I'm going.

I used to ride my track bike brakeless clipped in which is fine when you get used to it. It got a bit tiring going to work in the morning with steep hills and no brakes so I stuck on a front brake for practicality reasons. It means I can ride it with regular shoes now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Wow that Hungarian site's cheap. Do they post to Ireland?
    I can't understand much on the site, but is that really a track hub for 7 euro on the top of this page?

http://hercehurca.hu/taxonomy/term/24?from=60

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

If you're on a budget, I would recommend this hub from on-one. Cheap at £15 (half price) I've have two of these hubs, one for over two years and they're great quality. Cartridge bearings. However, I'm not sure if you can add spacers to it though to fit whatever rear axle spacing your frame is.

But this other one, available from the same site and also £15, would appear to be quite adaptable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement