Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new night club for limerick?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me if there is a new night club opening in the center of town? i read on the post somewhere a while ago that there is one going in on thomas st somewhere, is that true? also if anyone knows of any other planned ones post it here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not sure about Thomas street, but there's plans for one in the old GPO on Henry street, there's minor details on it on the archiseek thread, pg 38 I think. Will also include bar and restuarant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

D-A-V-E wrote:
    can anyone tell me if there is a new night club opening in the center of town? i read on the post somewhere a while ago that there is one going in on thomas st somewhere, is that true? also if anyone knows of any other planned ones post it here

Hi D-A-V-E, The nightclub in Thomas street is the newly reopened Coco Browns in the basement of Aubars, formerly Bunker4 ( or the Newton Pery for the older amongst us). In relation to other clubs Betty Blues in the basement of Players is also due to open in Thomas street shortly. The basement in Bakers is back up and running for club nights taking up the Let the Rythm hit them and Cheebah nights from the Boatclub. The Globe in Cecil street is up for sale including the nightclub licence. However with the Likes of Nancys, Mojo's and a couple of other pubs now open until 2.00am on Thursday nights it is very hard for a new club to compete. As for myself I always was a Costelloes kind of guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I did hear a rumour of one in Newsoms, but the source is a bit gullable and I really doubt it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Thanks for the info Adam, the new club under bakers is called the Underground, it's run by the same people who set up the Boatclub, so I imagine it'll be much the same set-up. Hope it's a big success, the Boatclub was a great venue.

I still think there's a market for good nightclubs in Limerick, speaking of which (not really) when is the Market due to reopen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I agree with Amazo - there's a serious requirement for a good few more nightclubs and venues in Limerick; all of the current ones are badly overcrowded most Sat nights.

I'd like to see someone else do the Icon setup, with a few music options available so that a group that likes different stuff doesn't have to split up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Please god leave the Market closed the place is a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

In my opinion, there's only 2 niteclubs worth talking about in Limerick and they are ICON and Trinity Rooms, the rest are just small pub-clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xxaunz06xx

ther really sud b another nite club in limk.. like wat is ther lik one gud one!!

Advertisement