Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 3MB / ZyXEL prestige 600 probs / reset. Now what?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guy,
    Hope you can help me, as I don't fancy relying on BT's infamous cust service!
    All was going fine until around a week ago when my broadband connection would cut on and off every minute... even when on, it would be ridiculously slow and nigh impossible to load. The DSL green light would come on, then flick off after a minute, before trying to flick back on... then off again.
    At first, this only happened during peak times, but it was like this nearly all day yesterday.
    I reset the modem, but I lost my setup sheet.
    Now, when I turn on the modem and enter a website, the ACT light flickers green and nothing happens.
    Any ideas? Is there a number I key into the web address to 'enter' the modem settings and change something?
    Any help would be most grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Type http://192.168.1.1 into browser address bar.
    If asked, admin is the username and 1234 is the password for the modem.
    Because you reset the modem you'll have to re-enter your BT username/password to log onto the net. Follow the setup wizard that should appear on the first page.

Advertisement