Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVidia GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache

Options
  • 03-01-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at getting the Dell XPS M1210 and upgrading to the Go 7400 grpahics card.

It's an extra €350 (although I can get a discount through a friend that works for Dell) but would appreciate any advice on the card.

Don't really do a lot of gaming - more video editing - but might upgrade to Vista in the future.

Thx,

O29

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's a nice budget card but 350 extra is an absolute joke. The only problem is, the onboard Intel GMA is not much good for any heavy multimedia, which leaves you a bit stuck. Out of interest though, here is a thread I posted on NBR with my Go7400 screenshots.

My recommendation would to be avoid Dell in this instance rather then pay their outrageous upgrade fees and buy an Acer laptop or something instead, for about the 1k mark, they have X1600 equipped laptops, which cards are roughly twice as powerful as the Go7400.

Unless of course the size is very important, you could try laptopsdirect.ie - they have alot of nice 12.1" Asus and Acer laptops among others that are cheaper then that Dell kitted out with the Go7400, or offer better hardware for the same price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Thanks HavoK,

I had a look at laptopsdirect and other than the Samsung Q35 at €1,436 most of the other 12.1" lappies looked to be more expensive than the Dell. The dell is €1,529 but that includes 2 years XPS on-site support.

My flattie works for dell so I can get a discount that would bring it under the Samsung price.

I'll have to have a think about the graphics card though

I also had a look at your screenshots from the games - b'hell, things have come a long way since I played Star Trek on my Kaypro II :D

Advertisement