Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options
  • 03-01-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Outline 2 benefits to consumers of non-price competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

In oligopoly, at the point of price rigidity, firms compete not on grounds of price but on other qualities, such as special offers and after-sales service.
    Special offers can be, for example, special prices for buying in bulk eg 3 for 2 offers.
    After-sales service can be things like warranties, which allow the consumer to...
    F*** it, I've lost interest.

I guess I get to ask a question now, do I?
    State Newton's second law of motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Newton's Second law states that when a force acts on an object, the rate of change of the momentum of an object is directly proportional to the force applied, and occurs in the same direction as the force.

Chem/Physics question: State Boyle's law (and Charles' law if you feel like it :P).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote:
    Outline 2 benefits to consumers of non-price competition.

Non-price competition can include the sponsorship of public events such (eg sports). Without such sponsorship these events may not take place at all. Hope that helps you!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Boyle's Law: The pressure of a fixed mass of gas at constant temperature is inversely proportional to its volume.

Charles' Law: The volume of a fixed mass of gas is proportional to its temperature on the absolute scale, at fixed pressure.

Business: List four methods of pricing goods or services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

rjt wrote:
    Newton's Second law states that when a force acts on an object, the rate of change of the momentum of an object is directly proportional to the force applied, and occurs in the same direction as the force.

Chem/Physics question: State Boyle's law (and Charles' law if you feel like it :P).
    PV=nRT?

I'm not sure if that's right, actually I think that's the universal one when you combine Boyle's law and Charles' law isn't it?

Hmm...

I'm thinking pressure is inversely proportional to volume for Boyle's law and pressure is directly proportional to temperature for Charle's law.

• Advertisement

Damn you nedward!

Oh well, your answer was straight out of a textbook compared to my sloppy effort.

I don't do Business so the only thing that comes into my head for that question is "With a pricing gun", which is probably very incorrect indeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

*big sloppy grin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

nedward? JC_2K3? Questions? eh?

nedward wrote:
    Boyle's Law: The pressure of a fixed mass of gas at constant temperature is inversely proportional to its volume.

Charles' Law: The volume of a fixed mass of gas is proportional to its temperature on the absolute scale, at fixed pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

JC 2K3 wrote:
    PV=nRT?

I'm not sure if that's right, actually I think that's the universal one when you combine Boyle's law and Charles' law isn't it?

Yeah, this is the equation of state of an ideal gas (and is Boyle's law, Charles' law and Avagadro's law combined).

History: What years were the three Home Rule bills passed?

• Advertisement

1892, 1912 and 1914?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JC 2K3 wrote:
    1892, 1912 and 1914?

n00b...

First Home Rule Bill: 1886
    Second Home Rule Bill:1892
    Third Home Rule Bill: 1912

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Government_Bill_1886

The 1886 one wasn't passed.

PWN3D

EDIT: Actually, to be pedantic about it, it's 1893, 1914 and 1920, the years they all passed.(I left out the 1920 one by mistake and said the date of introduction(1912) and the date of passing(1914) of the 1914 act in my first answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

-price skimming
    -penetration pricing
    -discriminatory pricing
    -price leadership

my turn
    GEOGRAPHY: what is eustatic movement, and where can examples be found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Since no one answered and I don't do geography I'll just ask a new question.

Physics// Define an Ampere

lol, hardest definition on the course!

Let's see....

If two parallell conductors of infinite length, A and B, are placed 1m apart and A puts a magnetic force of 1N on B then there is said to be a current of 1 Ampere flowing through A.

Something like that anyway...

EDIT: Yeah it's not correct, I won't just post what I found out from Wikipedia though, that'd be cheating.

I feel like answering it because I only learnt it today, but I won't :D I will tomorrow to see if I remember it (if noone else does)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The Ampere is that current which when flowing in two infinitely long parallel conductors of negligible cross-sectional area, one meter apart in a vacuum, will produce a force on each other of 2x10^-7 Newtons per meter of each conductor.
    Its a pretty long and drawn out definition.
    I learned it off in a few minutes:D

ask a question!

lol, word for word.

Your question.

• Advertisement

State Coloumbs Law

My head hurts:(
    Gah...I need sleep.
    Gotta go but I will leave this:

"define and give two examples of the doppler effect"

"the force between two point charges is directly proportional to the product of the charges and inversaly proportional to the square of the distance between them"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Explain how plate tectonics has aided our understanding of volcanic activity?

Coulombs law is "F is proportional to (Q1)(Q2)/d^2"

Doppler effect is apparent frequency of a wave source differing to the actual frequency due to velocity of the source being different to the velocity of the observer.

Examples: Ultrasound, pitch of an ambulance's siren changing as it moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Tectonics question: mention the theory of tectonics: plates in constant motion due to convection currents etc etc then say plates thus in contact with each other then explain how different plate boundaries create earthquakes eg neuteral ones get caught on each other pressure builds up and then slip releasing shockwaves. basically say what tectonics is and then say how earthquakes happen linking them by saying because of tectonics plates in moving to away or in parallel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Biology : What is a cotyledon?Give an example of one monocotyledon and one dicotyledon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

*Econ*
    Define Revenue Buoyancy.

Give two reasons why Enterprise is unique as a FOP.

What kind of profit exists when AC = AR?

List two regressive and two progressive taxes.

Biology : What is a cotyledon?Give an example of one monocotyledon and one dicotyledon

em.. a cotyledon is a food store in a seed? crap I don't know exactly. Something to do with the leaf etc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

cotyledon a leaf inside seed modified into food source i think

as for the types monocot plants eg grasses have one while dicots have two eg peas. Our teacher always uses the peas to show them cause its easy to see the 2 cotyledons

Advertisement