Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nehpets wrote:
    ...crap I don't know exactly. Something to do with the leaf etc :(
    i wouldnt recommend writing that down in the exam :D aslthough you got the first part kinda-right..genericgoon got it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Anybody want to start this again??
    I'll go first.

Biology: What is glycolysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

dont do biology but.....

Business: Give 4 sources of product ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Glycolysis: First stage of respiration, takes place in cytoplasm, glucose is broken down to 2 3-carbon molecules (pyruvic acid), little energy is released

Now my turn. Identify the living and non-living characteristics of a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Living: All the living characteristics of a living organism

except

It cant reproduce except with another host cell,

it only seems to "respond" when in contct with another cell

My turn:-Biology- Sate 3 differences between a hormonal reaction and a nervous reaction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

md99 wrote:
    *Econ*
    Define Revenue Buoyancy.

Give two reasons why Enterprise is unique as a FOP.

What kind of profit exists when AC = AR?

List two regressive and two progressive taxes.

havent heard of revenue buoyancy before,

enterprise is unique because, its the only factor that can earn a negative return, only factor that is not guaranteed any return its earnings are residual, the earnings of enterprise can vary enormously.

q2 it depends on the market structure.

couldnt be bothered answering the rest.

my question

define the income and substitution effect in economics?
    what is the name of george orwells totalitarian style novel.( in history )
    name the architect who designed the place where the nuremburg rallies took place?

boger wrote:
    define the income and substitution effect in economics?
    what is the name of george orwells totalitarian style novel.( in history )
    name the architect who designed the place where the nuremburg rallies took place?

Dont do economics...

Is it animal farm??

Albert Speer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

The substitution effect is the increase in demand fo a good due to a fall in price.
    The income effect is the increased demand for a good due to an increase in consumers disposable income.
    It's 1984.
    Revenue bouyancy is where reciepts from taxation are greater then planned for in budget. This can lead to fiscal drag.

Here is a tough one, how many of the economists in the history of economic thought section were either a) professors at cambridge or b) worked in the east india trading company.

Oh a bit of trivia. What do george orwell and J.M keynes have in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

They were both English!!!111

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

lilmizzme wrote:
    Living: All the living characteristics of a living organism

except

It cant reproduce except with another host cell,

it only seems to "respond" when in contct with another cell

My turn:-Biology- Sate 3 differences between a hormonal reaction and a nervous reaction

Nervous = electrical (chemical when crossing synapses), fast acting, short lived travel quickly

Hormonal = chemical, long lasting, slow transmission, can have widespread effect.

I ignored all the others because I dont do those subjects!!!

Whats the moment of inertia of a uniform circular disc of mass m and radius r about an axis tangential to its circumference and lying on the plane of the disc.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    They were both English!!!111

okay apart fro nationality then,!:D

This thread gets rather confusing. Do you think we could implement a sort of system where if you don't know the answer to the last question, you don't add another. So that only one question is going at any one time? So you only add a post if you know the answer to only the previous question, and only if you do that subject.

here here......organisation...whoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Clean Start, all previous questions to be ignored. Only reply if you know the answer.

Easy one to start us off, what is liquifaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

obl wrote:
    Easy one to start us off, what is liquifaction?

When gases under pressure change to liquids?

Give four functions of the Director of Equality Investigations.

State and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

nedward wrote:
    Give four functions of the Director of Equality Investigations.

State and explain.

1. Director of equality investigates complaints made by employees who have been discriminated against in the workplace, within 6 months of the incident happening.

2. He decides if the case should be refered to an equality mediation officer or and equality officer.

3. The director makes the final decisions in all cases.

4. If the director finds there is discrimination, he can order the employee to be given REDRESS (equal pay immediately for up to 3 years, or equal treatmeny immediately and pay compensation for up to 2 years)

Next question.... Describe an experiment to find the resultant of two vectors.

Three sping balences. One block of wood. Using the spring balences apply a force to wooden block. Measure redultant force using the third spring balence.

Another physics one so. Name the six flavours of the quark and give each of their charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Up 2/3
    Down -1/3
    Top 2/3
    Bottom -1/3
    Strange -1/3
    Charmed 2/3

What is an ideal gas and why do real gases deviate from ideal behaviour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

An ideal gas is one that obeys all the assumptions of the kinetic theory of gases under all conditions of temperature and pressure . Real gas difer from this because of the forces that exist between molecules and the volume of the molecules are not negligible.

What are the properties that affect the capacitance of a parrell plate capacitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

What are the properties that affect the capacitance of a parrell plate capacitor?

Distance between the plates(M)
    Area of overlap(M^2)
    Permittivity of chosen Dielectric

define the truth tables AND OR, and NOT in relation to Logic gates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

here's one for someone whos good at home ec..... shazzyshaz maybe

can you explain :
    binary fission
    'budding'
    Chorleywood Process
    Family Mediation

and what's a good one... oh yeah, how does Vitamin A become Pro-Vitamin A?? I'd actually like to know...

md99 wrote:
    here's one for someone whos good at home ec..... shazzyshaz maybe

can you explain :
    binary fission
    'budding'
    Chorleywood Process
    Family Mediation

and what's a good one... oh yeah, how does Vitamin A become Pro-Vitamin A?? I'd actually like to know...

*whines* you messed it up!!! read ten posts up

Answer JC's question. it'll be way easier to manage.

Area of the plates' overlap, Permittivity of the medium between the plates and area between them.

(C = (Epsilon)A/d)

App Maths: If you push two identical cats off a roof witht he same force, with both of them the same distace form the edge, which one hits the ground first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

i dont do app maths but i take it they hit at the same time.

history: why did collins sign the treaty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Because Lloyd George gave him an ultimatum, sign the treaty or they go back to war. Ireland was in no shape for a continuation of the war, so he signed it.

Irish: What the hell is An Bhean Óg about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Because he didn't want an immediate war upon Ireland, or whatever that quote was, he knew 26 counties was the best they'd be getting.

More history, also easy: State Hitler's foreign policies.

^Do you want an essay reponse to that??? Hardly a straight forward factual question....

As for my app maths Q, it's a joke. As I think it was PFM who told me it in the first place, I'll let her do the honours of answering it should she see this thread.

EDIT: Post directed towards boger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Because Lloyd George gave him an ultimatum, sign the treaty or they go back to war. Ireland was in no shape for a continuation of the war, so he signed it.

A young woman, her isolation, her kids, and something about their dead beat dad.

Name a chemosythic and photosynthic bacteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

wow you guys go too fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

A submissive woman, she's an outsider, trying to bring her children up "the right way", doesn't speak baby-talk to them, isn't very modern and tried to impress her husband, who we gather holds the authority in the household although he is very much absent in the story....yada yada yada.

Advertisement