Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Pass Lunch : wat iz teh f00d?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Food is an ingredient to make ****e.

Define THE ampere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The ampere is the unit of current?

I'm **** at physics, so this is probably a retarded answer in relation to the answer you're looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Foundation Lunch - Arithmetic: Anto has €5, if Anto buys 5 hamburgers, how much will he have left for a twisty fries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

cson wrote:
    Foundation Lunch - Arithmetic: Anto has €5, if Anto buys 5 hamburgers, how much will he have left for a twisty fries?

€20 because he beat up cson and took his lunch money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The ampere is the unit of current, and is defined as the current that produces a force of 2x10^7 N between two infinitely long conductors that are spaced 1 metre apart in a vacuum and are of negligible diameter. (Think I've got it all)

Q: (Philosophy) What happens when an unstoppable force, meets an immovable object?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The Ampere:

The ampere is that constant current which, if maintained in two straight parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible circular cross section, and placed 1 metre apart in vacuum, would produce between these conductors a force equal to 2×10^–7 newton per metre of length.

Geography: Explain each of the 3 EU objective regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Foundation Maths: 2x + 4 = 8
    Solve for x :rolleyes:

1 ampere is a constant current which, if maintained in 2 parallel conductors of infinate length and negligible cross section in a vacuum, would cause a force of 2*10^-7 N per metre to emerge between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

JC 2K3 wrote:
    1 ampere is a constant current which, if maintained in 2 parallel conductors of infinate length and negligible cross section in a vacuum, would cause a force of 2*10^-7 N per metre to emerge between them.

Been answered twice above.. (though ZorbaTehz missed a -)

Cson: Depends, is it a Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fobia wrote:
    Cson: Depends, is it a Tuesday?

Thats the applied part - where to buy the burgers so you have enough left for a twisty fries. The twisty fries bit should have given it away. Maccy D's on a Tuesday = 75c burgers = Happy Anto +/- his Air Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

photoelectric effect explained;
    i)why light shining on surfaces somehow facilitated the escape of what are now called electrons (Heinrich Hertz 1887)
    ii)why an increase in intensity of light did not increase the kinetic energy of the emitted electrons
    iiii)the existence of a cut-off frequency

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Q: (Philosophy) What happens when an unstoppable force, meets an immovable object?
    The force passes through the object with out affecting it.

Wrong.
    Chuck Norris dies.

Since no one posted a question:
    Q: (Physics) State Keplars laws concerning planetary motion.

god damn philosophy...i like that question

the universe implodes!

keplers laws;

planets moves in ellipses
    the time squared is proportional to the semi-major axis cubed
    radius vector from sun to a planet sweeps out equal areas in equal times

the time squared is proportional to the semi-major axis cubed

Actually afaik it's the average radius?
    Maybe I'm wrong.
    Mate, if you answer the question, you post the next question with it.

From now on keep it to LC courses please....

kepler's laws come up in applied maths for LC

kepler's laws come up in applied maths for LC

and Physics - although I think he's referring to the force paradox.

Q: (Class. Studies) Where can the Arch of Septimius Severus be found?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

can we ignore maths/app maths/physics for a little while...i and my mathematically challenged counterparts feel very excluded....

HomeEc: What two essential amino acids are necesscary for children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Q: (Class. Studies) Where can the Arch of Septimius Severus be found?

At the northeast end of the Roman Forum.

History: What was the name of the system that Arthur Griffith proposed for Ireland and Britain to work under in 1904?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

What the hells with the sheer amount of maths/science questions in this topic?There are other subjects you know.Anyways i'll try to even the balance with some questions from REAL subjects.Not like fake subjects like Physics.Pfft.Physics.What goods that to anyone?!Anyways on with the questions.......

Economics:Give examples of situations where it is possible for a producer to practice price discrimination.

Business Studies:Explain the ''process'' involved in the drawing up and introduction of Employment Regulation Orders (process isn't really the word i'm looking for, but its late and i'm tired).

English:In the play Macbeth by William Shakespeare, what was the name of Macbeth's dog?And how many times did Macbeth talk him for a walk throughout the play?Providing scene and line references will earn bonus points!!

*Note: The last question may be a bit too hard for the average student to answer.

i think that it was dual monarchism...not 100% sure

(french) is there a feminine version for Minister? i recall hearing that there isn't

Dual-monarchy?

What the hells with the sheer amount of maths/science questions in this topic?There are other subjects you know.Anyways i'll try to even the balance with some questions from REAL subjects.Not like fake subjects like Physics.Pfft.Physics.What goods that to anyone?!Anyways on with the questions.......
    lol, sure what are business and economics other than random crap some idiots made up?

Seriously, it's all bull**** like: "Define annual income percentage retention deposit capital supply demand tax"

Price Descrimination refers to the selling of the same goods at different prices by the same provider to a type of consumer. In almosts all situation it is illegal.

Example: (off the top of my head)
    Employee discounts.
    Nightclub's that offer "Ladie's Nights".

Q: (English) Very briefly describe the three major stages of progression in the poetry of Patrick Kavanagh.

EDIT: Typo, Typo, Typo lal

Stage 1: Lonely Culchie
    Stage 2: Lonely City person
    Stage 3: Didn't die from a stroke, so happy as a pig in ****e city person.

History: How was Militarism a cause of the first world war?

Militarism as a cause:
    • Countries like Russia, Germany and Austria had a general disdain for democracy and a desire for military power.
    • Aristocracy; the elite held powerful positions in those aristocratic and autocratic countries.
    • Influence of the military in the running of those countries.
    • Incompetent/reckless fools, for exa. Kaiser Wilhelm II, in control of countries.
    • Pseudo-militaristic outlooks of countries like France/Britain.

Q: (Geography) Capital of the country of Georgia.

EDIT: Typo.

• Advertisement

Tblisi (sp?).

Irish: What's the main theme of Fíche Bliain ag Fás?

Advertisement