Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Physics: What is the solar constant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The amount of energy in Joules falling on 1m^2 of the earths surface due to radiation from the sun per second?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The amount of energy in Joules falling on 1m^2 of the earths surface due to radiation from the sun per second?

Earths atmosphere not surface .

Ah right.

Chemistry:
    Identify this compound: CH2(OH)CH(OH)CH2(OH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Earths atmosphere not surface .

And it has to be written as 'falling perpindicually on earths atmosphere' or you lose marks.Physics-dominated by the pedantics in humanity lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    The Sciences >> Business/Ecomonics./QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!No.

They say all the money will be in Science/Technology in the next few years.....

dan719 wrote:
    And it has to be written as 'falling perpindicually on earths atmosphere' or you lose marks.Physics-dominated by the pedantics in humanity lol.
    Yet Temperature according to LC Physics is "The hotness or coldness of a body" and mass is "A measure of how difficult it is to accellerate something".....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

BUMP

It's been three days, so if no one can answer JC's question in 24 hours, some one should post a new question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Uhhhhm, god I dunno my brain is switched off school and we've had a lot of economics already...

Home Economics: Define marriage, rights and responsibilities within a marriage and family mediation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Ah right.

Chemistry:
    Identify this compound: CH2(OH)CH(OH)CH2(OH)

1,2,3-propane triol (glycerol). But what it REALLY is is something that won't come up and so is knowledge for knowledge's sake. =)

2006 Question 2 (b)

It is on the course and they're perfectly entitled to ask you about it.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Home Economics: Define marriage, rights and responsibilities within a marriage and family mediation.
    ROFL.

Home Ec, lol.

Yeah, but it's an unlikely question, considering it came up last year. That just was the point I was trying to make.

Chemistry: Name the oxidising agent used in an experiment to prepare ethanoic acid. A colour change is observed during the reaction. What is this colour change and why is it observed?

JC 2K3 wrote:
    ROFL.

Home Ec, lol.

Aye, gotta love the social side of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

nedward wrote:
    Chemistry: Name the oxidising agent used in an experiment to prepare ethanoic acid. A colour change is observed during the reaction. What is this colour change and why is it observed?

Acidified Sodium dichromate (Na2Cr2O7) and it is an excess , the colour change is orange to dark green and it is observed as Chromium is reduced in the reaction with ethanol but i dont know the exact change in numbers .

Physics : What is mutual induction and name a device based on its principle

Mutual Induction is the production on an EMF in one circuit by a changing current in another separate, adjacent circuit.
    Example: Transformer.

Q: (Business) Name the three Management Activities and the three Management Skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Rozabeez wrote:
    Uhhhhm, god I dunno my brain is switched off school and we've had a lot of economics already...

a legally binding union between a man and a woman who will live together and remain faithful to each other to the exclusion of all others

R&Rs: cohabit/live together..., consummated/sexual intercourse.., maintenance.., care/protect children.., if there is a will...., if there is no will....

Family Mediation is when a seperating couple meet with an impartial mediator to discuss a seperation agreement......

Great subject!!!!

Wouldn't you just love that question?? <3 the Social Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

Rozabeez wrote:
    Wouldn't you just love that question?? <3 the Social Studies.

ewwww social studies!! i LOVE FOOD:cool:

• Advertisement

Skills:
    Leading
    Motivating
    Communicating

Activities:
    Planning
    Organising
    Controlling

The remedies for breach of contract?

social studies (core) is the most interesting and easiest section of the exam, and oh yeah, it's a guaranteed long Q

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

nedward wrote:
    The remedies for breach of contract?

Sue for damages
    Recind the contract
    Specific performance

Define the Volt...

A PD of 1 volt exists between two points if one joule of energy is used in moving a charge of one coulomb(sp) between those points.

Q: (Business) What do these initialisms stand for: CPT, ROI, IRO and EDI?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    A PD of 1 volt exists between two points if one joule of energy is used in moving a charge of one coulomb(sp) between those points.

Q: (Business) What do these initialisms stand for: CPT, ROI, IRO and EDI?

Return On Investment
    Industrial Relation Officer
    Electronic Data Interchange

Haven't got a clue with CPT stands for.

Define Transnational company, state 2 advantages, 2 disadvantages and give an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Return On Investment
    Industrial Relation Officer
    Electronic Data Interchange

Haven't got a clue with CPT stands for.

Define Transnational company, state 2 advantages, 2 disadvantages and give an example.
    A transnational company is a company which has its headquarters in one country yet has outlets all around the world.

Advantages: Creates employment and improves standard of living for the area the outlet is in (e.g. by improving infrastructure).

Disadvantages: Many of the profits are brought back to the country where the headquarters are and the company is more likely to move to another country as its owners have no personal attachment to the country.

Example: Apple Computers

Question: Fixed Costs = €3000, Variable Costs = €20 per unit, Maximum Sales = 20,000 and Tickets = €40 per person. Calculate the break-even point.

I don't do business, but....

3000 + 20x = 40x
    3000 = 20x
    x = 150

So you break even after 150 sales, am I correct? I'm puzzled as to the reason for inclusion of Max. Sales though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I don't do business, but....

3000 + 20x = 40x
    3000 = 20x
    x = 150

So you break even after 150 sales, am I correct? I'm puzzled as to the reason for inclusion of Max. Sales though....

You're right, the formula for it is fixed costs over contribution/unit (sp - vc) the max sales is required for drawing the BEP.

Chemistry: How could you test for the presence of nitrate ions in an aqueous solution?

Accounting - What is an adverse variance?

Economics - Fiscal Drag?

• Advertisement

*CPT = Corporate Profits Tax

Fiscal Drag is when tax is not adjusted for inflation.

Q: (Physics) An AC power source has a peak voltage of 120V. Determine its root mean square voltage value.

Advertisement