Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warranty / Out of Warranty Repair Question

• 03-01-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

My X360 broke once already, when it would freeze after a few minutes play with no error messages, no red lights.
    I sent it off to Microsoft to be repaired and it came back working fine.
    However, since the weekend, it has started freezing again within a few seconds of putting on a game or DVD.
    Unfortunately I got mine on launch day, so its out of the 1 yr warranty period.

My questions are

1.) Was my warranty extended by sending it off to be repaired?
    2.) If not, will Microsoft repair it outside of warranty?
    3.) How much will they charge if they do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm sure others are going to run into this problem soon as well, so here is an update.

I rang Microsoft who are going to orgainise a repair same as normal, they send out the labels and I ring the courier to come and collect it.
    They've not mentioned anything about having to pay for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

yep just sent mine off today, waved bye to the courrier and prayed for the best. O and yeah it is out of warrenty and i havent heard anything from Microsoft about payement. How long do you reckon it take sto get back from Germany ?

Last time mine took about 2 weeks.

Got a new 360 back today, no charge =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dammit! My Xbox freezes the same way... I thought it was just a glitch on the disc or something. I mean all it takes is a reset and I'm back for another few hours. Anyway I can test if its the console rather than a glitch?

And if it is the console and I send it back what about my Xbox live? Willl the subscription be refunded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

This is the exact same problem that happened to me.
    It would freeze after extended game play, but pretty soon, it would freeze after a few minutes every time.
    If you bought your console at launch, then Microsoft issued it a supposedly infinite warranty because of all the problems.
    That's why all launch consoles that are sent back are no longer repaired.
    They just send you a new console.
    If you get onto Microsoft head office about it, they will issue you a new 1 year warranty from the date you receive the new console.

As for the xbox live refund.
    You have to ask them about it, and then wait for months. They usually refund the missing weeks (or in my case months!!!), though.

Dammit! My Xbox freezes the same way... I thought it was just a glitch on the disc or something. I mean all it takes is a reset and I'm back for another few hours. Anyway I can test if its the console rather than a glitch?

And if it is the console and I send it back what about my Xbox live? Willl the subscription be refunded?

It will get worse, this is how it started out both times for me.

mcgovern wrote:
    It will get worse, this is how it started out both times for me.

I only bought the thing in December...if it gets really bad I will contact MS but as it is I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Mine just died and is more than a year old. Does anyone know how much it costs to have it repaired? I am thinking of just buying a new core 360 so that i have another years guarantee seeing as they are so unrelyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

jaykay2 wrote:
    Mine just died and is more than a year old. Does anyone know how much it costs to have it repaired? I am thinking of just buying a new core 360 so that i have another years guarantee seeing as they are so unrelyable.
    Just ring them and they will give you a price and might repair it if its a launch console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

They wouldn't replace it for free. I eat the head off the woman on the phone about the fact that it was €410 and only lasted 13 months, but in the end she wouldn't do anything for me. So i agreed to pay for the repair which costs €120 and they will have a box to me in a couple of days and will have it back in a few weeks. It better be fast or i will not be happy.

Consumer laws. Your Xbox could be covered up to six years as it is an electrical product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Consumer laws. Your Xbox could be covered up to six years as it is an electrical product.
    Its only a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Exactly (i mean exactly) the same thing happened to me,i just took it back to xtravision and they gave me a new one,in fact they were so sound they let me keep my hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

**** this one year warranty, if my launch box drops dead in the coming months i'm demanding a free repair or replacement.

What's the point in spending 500+ on the console and games and being left with a doorstop 12 months later?

Also does anyone actually have a link for this 'infinite warranty'?

Advertisement