Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for all ASE Users (All Seeing Eye)

• 03-01-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Downloaded ASE yesterday as it was by far my favourite tool to find servers quickly and effectively last time I had an internet connection at home. Unfortunately, the "Location" is not working (no flags) so it is impossible to filter for UK/French/German servers (rendering ASE pretty much useless). Apart form thanking Yahoo!, what should I do?

Are you having the same problem? Is there some kind of fix?

Furthermore, if you don't use ASE, what software do you use to find servers?

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Used to use ASE but haven't bothered of late. I just use either the in game browser and look for a good ping rate for a particilar game I want to play. I also have a good few buddies that play listed in Xfire and follow them into a game more times then not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well, that's what I was doing last night: using the in-game browser and looking for a low ping server... But it's not as good as ASE :o

I never use Xfire. I play mostly on French servers/in French clans and nobody uses it there for some reason... that's why I don't either I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

One of the newer updates for xfire lets you scan for servers, and sorts them by country (which is basically what ASE does I think). You could use that, but what I do is just visit my favourite 5 or so servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thanks for the info -( i )- Wicker! I guess I'll be giving Xfire a go after all! ;)

Advertisement