Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car keys

Options
  • 03-01-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

I know someone had some sort of lock system (not a wife or girlfriend) for your car keys when surfing alone. My car keys simply can't get wet. Anyone remember or find the link?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

http://www.freakfish.co.uk/keypod-safe-p-656.html

or

http://store.magicseaweed.com/Keypod/Item/72/

Tis called the keypod and its what all the cool kids use nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Remember if someone really wants in, they'll just smash your window. Don't leave anything too valuable in your car.
    Those key pods get a bit finicky after a while, getting very difficult to open and close.

You should be able to get a plastic key for your car from the dealers that will only open the doors, not start the car. You can take this key out surfing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The very thing... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

My keys can't get wet either so I just went to a hardware shop and got them to cut me a key, only the actuall key part on a normal metal key. This will only unlock the door but if you have an immobaliser it won't start the engine.

Now all I do is activate the central locking with the drivers door open (this activates the immobiliser) then just hide the real key in the van and shut and lock my door manually with the key I got cut.

Which I can then take into the water with me and paddle to my hearts content!

Voila.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Now, thats good thinking! Do they do those flat keys I wonder? (new VW) Thanks for the advice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

They should do, Maybe a coded key will cost more but all you need is the actual key shape cut onto a basic key.

Be sure and dry it when you come out though! they rust fast.

Advertisement