Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax Question

Options
  • 03-01-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I picked up my imported Golf on new years day in Galway. It had been registered and vrt paid for on 15th December so today I got the tax form stamped in Pearse street saying it was off the road for December. What I need to know is, i) does it matter that I'll be taxing it tomorrow in Meath and it had a Dublin Garda stamp on it, and ii) does it matter to the tax office that I signed it in front of the Garda instead of my old man - the car is registered in his name.

I'm probably worring over nothing but its just my grumpy oul' lad tellin me that I did things wrong again. I had to get the form stamped coz the car was going to be parked on dublin streets for a few days with no tax disc.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

The county should not be a problem - I got the form stamped in Dublin, taxed in Naas. They did take issue with the form saying the car was off the road till 1st november, but was stamped on 24th october. ( The car was off the road until at least the 1st of november ) The Garda insisted this would be ok, I didn't give it enough thought at the time. This caused no end of trouble, since no other Guard wanted to go near the form. I don't think they'll be quite as grumpy about the punters signature.

Advertisement