Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N91 8GB

• 03-01-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for both a new phone and new mp3 player at the same time, and so I'm seriously considering giving the new 8GB version of the N91 a go. It was showcased by Nokia in September, and was supposed to be available in Q4 of 2006, but I still haven't seen it anywhere in Ireland, or even on eBay.

Does anyone have a useful resource for predicting when certain handsets will be available in the stores? At the moment, nobody can seem to tell me when this model might be available, nor how much it will cost.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, looks like you won't have much, if any, change from €500

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=121479

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Nokia N91 = failure !
    Slow operating system
    Difficult to operate
    Messy keys and sliding system

its a disaster by nokia
    I am waiting for N95 !

If it does what it says on tin it will change the mobile dynamics !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nokia N91 = failure !
    Slow operating system
    Difficult to operate
    Messy keys and sliding system

I would say you are being a little harsh there. There are problems, but they are not as bad as you make out.

I was on the verge of buying the N91 during the Summer, so I did a lot of research on it (as I spend 2 hours a day on a train, I wanted it for the music and radio). However, most of the reviews put me off it. The N91 is the type of device that has arrived, but isn't quite here yet.

Google will throw up a good few reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Its down to 299 Euros on my tarrif at the moment. The Expansys model isn't subsidised, obviously.

One of the guys I work with has one... he seems pretty ok with it. Having used it briefly, it seems nice enough, and there are new firmware revisions available that claim to alieviate the OS problems. Having said that, I'm sure the revised 8GB model will feature this aswell. The only question is when its going to appear in the stores. I take it nobody has any way of knowing?

Advertisement