Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham crisis

• 03-01-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

Has Curbishley got the mental toughness to keep the Hammers up ?

Personally i thought the Hammers, with the new money, would have been better off with more of a tyrant type - a Ferguson//Moyes/O'Neill type (if available) -- Curbishley seams too nice for a relegation dog fight .

Marlon Harewood is proving that he was totally over rated last year , and Reo Croker is the most disimproved footballer this year (nothing to do with Arsenal i assume ! ) .

And finally why are the Argentinians not getting a chance , they must be better than the current lot.

P.S. i would like the Hammers to stay up myself, and if Chelsea are in crisis , whats this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't understand why Tevez and Mascherano aren't be given a chance to play, considering they have great potential, and it's not like there are players keeping them out of the team justifyably so.
    I think it smacks of them being out the door this window, personally I'd still like to see them both at Old Trafford, especially considering their depriciated value now.

As for West Ham, same thing happens with most clubs who come back into the premiership and do well, they have a hard time dealing with the expectations. I still don't think Curbs is much better than Pardew, but I expected Pardew to save them, so I think Curbs might too. Only after the transfer window though, as every manager needs a chance to bring in his own players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Who can they realistically bring in during January to keep them up? IMO, players like Defoe and SWP are unrealistic targets, but maybe a loan deal for either and Alan Smith could be the answer. Defensively, they need to get a bid in for Upson a.s.a.p and perhaps look at Young from Charlton.

I think what West Ham need to stay up are the best players currently playing in the championship. The defenders who have the confidence to step into the team and produce, like they expect to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

good old football manager syndrome. Macherano and Tevez have been muck.

Indeed they have, but just like all foreign players, they need time and games to adjust.
    Look at their preformances in the WC, it's clear they have potential.

• Advertisement

I never judge a player on world cup. They look like players who will never get used to the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

good old football manager syndrome. Macherano and Tevez have been muck.

They havn't been given a chance , unlike Reo Croker and Harewood who have been muck !

thebaz wrote:
    They havn't been given a chance , unlike Reo Croker and Harewood who have been muck !

I doubt they have been on fire in training and Pards just left them out for the laugh. The teams they have played they have been poor. Then thres the off-field antics, storming off when subbed, dying to be transferred etc etc.

Having the the argie manager telling them they must leave west ham and go to a better club. They have been far to much hassle, and one of the main reasons Hammers find themselves in the position they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I doubt they have been on fire in training and Pards just left them out for the laugh. The teams they have played they have been poor. Then thres the off-field antics, storming off when subbed, dying to be transferred etc etc.

Having the the argie manager telling them they must leave west ham and go to a better club. They have been far to much hassle, and one of the main reasons Hammers find themselves in the position they are now.

yep.

I don't think it's Curbs West Ham need to worry about, it's the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

yep.

I don't think it's Curbs West Ham need to worry about, it's the players.

I agree, there seems to be something stinking in the camp and it was there before Curbs came along. I dont think its completely to do with the Tevez and Mas but they might have been the catalyst. The players did Pardew, but i am not a Pardew fan so some of it might have been his own doing. Curbs has his work cut out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote:
    personally I'd still like to see them both at Old Trafford, especially considering their depriciated value now.

In the normal world of football transfers yes, but with MSI's interest in both players I wouldn't be so sure the asking price has dropped by much.

Archimedes wrote:
    IMO, players like Defoe and SWP are unrealistic targets, but maybe a loan deal for either and Alan Smith could be the answer.

A loan deal for Defoe? Are you for real? :eek:

In the normal world of football transfers yes, but with MSI's interest in both players I wouldn't be so sure the asking price has dropped by much.

I dont know about that there is a very strong case to argue that the values of both most have dived, and there cant be that many "rich teams" interested in them. I dont know what way the MSI thing is structured, do MSI own these to players out right ? and is the ownership for the duration of thier playing career or is there a time limit on the ownership?

sundula wrote:
    do MSI own these to players out right ? and is the ownership for the duration of thier playing career or is there a time limit on the ownership?

Nobody seems to know for certain, it appears MSI own them outright.

The Beeb are reporting that Juventus pulled out of a deal for Mascherano based on complications with his contract.

Its a crazy situation. Maybe FIFA should make some rules regarding ownership of players registration. I know there are some funny arrangements in South America, with 2 or 3 clubs owning precentages in a player or clubs in partnership with some private individuals, its mad.
    It would really be amazing if MSI owned these two guys till there retirement - it couldnt be good for their careers. Shouldnt be allowed happen really.

MSI only bought them waiting for a big pay day, I personally hope they fail massivly for the sole reason that it will hurt MSI a little. I think only clubs or the player themselves should own their own contract.

Either way, I"m fairly sure if you wanted to, you could just buy out MSI, and then they'd be normal plaeyrs again. This is assuming you actually wanted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Also think the injury to Dean Ashton hasnt helped them too much and Sheringhams legs getting slower(even though they were never that fast) hasnt helped their cause.

Reo-Coker is half the player he was last year so don't know whats going on there. Seems like there is alot going on in the background that we don't know about.

Advertisement