Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Router suggestions

Options
  • 03-01-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i'm going to be setting up a PPTP VPN over DSL soon and I would normally use a Draytek Vigor 2600VGi as i think they're the bees knees for ease of setting up/maintain/reliability etc.
    However, they are a bit on the pricey side as anyone who's bought one will know so i'm looking for other suggestions as to other brands that are easy to set up and a bit on the cheaper side?

*edit ok just been checking on www.draytek.co.uk and they've changed the model to the 2800 instead of the 2600. I'm sure it's still as good (and still as expensive)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

I got a few Zyxel p-661h-d1 before christmas. Fairly decent. Hasn't caused any problems yet any way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

2 x Linksys WRT54GS that will take DD-WRT and then flash both with the dd-wrt vpn variant firmware os and run VPN between them, one as PPTP server and one as a PPTP client (services tab in dd-wrt)

Advertisement