Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heartburn remedies?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

The Bollox wrote: »
    howdy. I suffer a lot from heartburn. I am wondering if there are any cures for it, short of taking indigestion tablets? What I mean is, in the same way gargling warm water with salt helps a sore throat, are there any remedies like that for heartburn?
    • Stay away from bread
    • Stay away from fizzy drinks
    • Stay away from chocolate
    • Stay away from greasy food (esp sausage rolls or other pastries or chipper food)
    • Stay away from MOST Christmas luxuries (ie. rich foods)! :(
    • Although dairy products may ease the discomfort initially, when I had th same problem I was advised to stay away from dairy products.
    • See a doctor - you may have Helicobacter Pylori which can be diagnosed with a simple breath test and cured with a week long double/dose of antibiotics and antacid tablets! I had it for over a year and it got so bad I was in absolute agony when an onslaught of symptoms took hold of me (lastin a few days at a time) and I reckon it's coming back now but at least I now know the symptoms :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I was suffering a lot recently and I found that eating smaller meals(bloody hate that) and eating more slowly helped and snacking less. It went away completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I've been taking Pariet for the last couple of years sems to be doing the job. Only problem being the days I forget to take it. End up in absolute ribbons.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Came across this thread by accident. I have suffered with acid reflux for years, was advised by the doctor not to get surgery as the Pariet tablets will keep the problem under control, which it has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Bollox wrote: »
    howdy. I suffer a lot from heartburn. I am wondering if there are any cures for it, short of taking indigestion tablets? What I mean is, in the same way gargling warm water with salt helps a sore throat, are there any remedies like that for heartburn?
    Change of diet ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Kingdom wrote: »
    Came across this thread by accident. I have suffered with acid reflux for years, was advised by the doctor not to get surgery as the Pariet tablets will keep the problem under control, which it has done.

Hi Mr Kingdom... I had Heartburn too, Galvaskon is great too, nice and minty... You'll be singin "what a feelin" in no time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Hi Mr Kingdom... I had Heartburn too, Galvaskon is great too, nice and minty... You'll be singin "what a feelin" in no time!!

Hello Yegor, Can't stand the stuff myself pal. Think its rotten! Change of diet is very important in beating the heartburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

+1 Peppermint Cordial

Advertisement