Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Forum - No Mod?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 8:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Whats the story with the Waterford Forum (Region -> South East)? It seems there is no active moderator in that forum.

flamegirl is listed, but doesnt seem very active. I take it he/she is busy - which is grand. Its not a troubled forum or anything, but there is the one user TRAFFIK who is either a bot or a human and keeps posting adverts for the "Forum" nightclub in Waterford City which is getting annoying.

Just curious on what the story is!? Not complaining, tis a grand awl forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Nobody has reported a single post in that forum in the last week, so you must all be happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You make that sound like a feat! (Mossy was mod but quit Flamegrill is dormant I think).

Mike.

...now why didn't anyone report that guy?

It would have taken me so much less time to delete the Spam if someone had done.

Think not what your mods can do for you, but what you can do for your mods.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Talliesin wrote:
    ...now why didn't anyone report that guy?

It would have taken me so much less time to delete the Spam if someone had done.

Twas assumed ye knew, as the forum had a moderator assigned! We just thought it was permitted (strangley!).

Thanks for clearing it, I assume he was told never to post again?!
    Think not what your mods can do for you, but what you can do for your mods.

I thought only the mod of that forum got it, I wasnt aware other mods got it. Iv never worked on vB forums before, only IPB. Im not familar with how it works :P

Also, what about lukemusiklab's posts? Same type, just advertising the "Bowery"? Maybe a sticky where they can post such stuff in it is more appropriate then not at all? *shrrugs*

Sully04 wrote:
    Twas assumed ye knew, as the forum had a moderator assigned! We just thought it was permitted (strangley!).
    Yeah, but they wouldn't have necessarily have known if it wasn't reported. At the very least they'd have known faster.
    Sully04 wrote:
    Thanks for clearing it, I assume he was told never to post again?!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php
    Sully04 wrote:
    I thought only the mod of that forum got it, I wasnt aware other mods got it.
    The mods/c-mods of the forums that a forum is part of will receive a notice (in this case the South East and Region mods would have been mailed). There's also a record of the reported posts visible to mods so sooner or later an s-mod will probably see it and make sure it isn't something that is a site-wide concern (such as Spam) or not being dealt with (the relevant mod(s) not being online).
    Sully04 wrote:
    Also, what about lukemusiklab's posts?
    Banned him and deleted on thread. Frankly can't be bothered doing a bigger clean-up though.
    Sully04 wrote:
    Maybe a sticky where they can post such stuff in it is more appropriate then not at all? *shrrugs*
    Yeah, a sticky for that might well be a good idea. Similarly I quite often let people make announcements that might otherwise be considered advertising by PMing a mod in those forums where I wrote the charter. Not something I'm going to do as an s-mod in another moderator's forum though. If I see an advert that isn't by the mod of the forum and isn't in an appropriately named sticky I just ban and delete.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good good. Thanks Talliesin, excellent work :D

Advertisement