Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne crisis

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaCL wrote:
    Oh sweet god they published that!!!

Has he lost the plot or something?

What's your problem with it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

my problem is it smacks of bitterness ie why werent media reporting we paid our bills, cos your supposed too?

kdjac

No, I would see as simply a case of if you report on someone not paying their bills, you report the other side of it when they've been cleared.

No-one at the club is looking for an award for paying off moneys owed, simply for the whole story to be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Media doesn't work like that. Never has done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bateman wrote:
    Incorrect.

The Irish media only report on the bad side of the game here in Ireland. Or the total bandwaggonry that happens when Irish teams are doing well in Europe.

The Sindo gave a 0-0 scoreline for the Shels-Cobh game this weekend ffs.

Hence the (disgusting) Simon Webb related story appearing in the sports and 'news' sections of tonight's Herald. How is that story 'news' when the majority of people don't care about the LoI, I know, lets stick to our agenda of making the LoI out to be a scumhole. As represented by the fact that they reported on the Hill 16 pub incident on three seperate occasions in the past year.

Bateman wrote:

Makes his point all the more valid then, doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Its true he was a bit miffed with the media reporting about the pitch, but nevertheless, the information coming from the Mgmt Cmte is a breath of fresh air, and other clubs would improve if they followed suit.

For example:
    6. Away Trips

Let me first say thank you to 99% of our travelling supporters last weekend at Cobh. It was great to see everyone there and to have such vocal support. For the other 1% of you who travelled, please don’t do so anymore. WE DO NOT WANT YOU, WE DO NOT NEED YOU, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AT OUR CLUB IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. We will not have our club tarnished by a handful of morons who are more interested in drinking, fighting and making a total nuisance of themselves than supporting our team in the right manner. As a Board of Management, I know this is not an easy one for us to solve and I know this problem has been creeping in over the last number of years. We are working on measures to try and deal with this and having seen it firsthand last Saturday night in Cobh, it has become a priority for us to stamp it out. We are looking at ways ourselves at the moment, but please feel free to email me at jmcasey@eircom.net with fair and balanced suggestions. I promise to look at all these and try and solve this problem by being fair to everyone, especially the 99% of people who travel with us regularly and do not cause any trouble.

May I say a special thanks here to members of Briogáid Dearg who vocally marshalled these idiots out of the stadium on Saturday night and were a credit to themselves and the club in their behaviour and this is not the first time that Briogáid Dearg have been a credit to our club. They continue to do so and I thank them for it.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Right or wrong, that's the way it is. Shels paying their taxes like every other company in Ireland is not newsworthy. Opposition fans slagging a footballer over the death of his wife, I would argue, is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I sort of agreed with Des about media etc until i read Keelys piece in the media today, that just confirms the mentality at Shels that they are looking for pity but my favourite ever line (i may even use this in my sig was)

"Players are getting too much money these days, we had to pay 170k to players owed money too"

Wasnt the quote exact but the point he was pissed he had to pay players ...FFS they signed them!!!

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement