Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 broke

• 03-01-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

here is the situation

bought ps2 last week

bought game on sat

played game for hour or two on sun and mon,worked grand

i put in dvd,region 2/pal last night, the ps2 was displaying it in black and white

thinking the regional settings might not be right,i checked, and found out it was set to region 1. but it wojnt let me access the parental controls part,to change the regional settings

so,thinking it was stuck on region 1, i put in a region 1 dvd.it didnt work.the ps2 said it didnt match the regional settings of the console..

what do i do now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Does this happen with all DVDs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

*nods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Theres probably a default code,pin to acess the ps2 dvd region settings,or just buy a dvd player for 25euro.Or swap with sum1 that uses there ps2 for games only.

take out the the disc ,restart ps2 ,see can you acess the user settings,re region dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

how do i acess the user settings?
    [btw got it back yesterday forom xtravision ,working fine]

• Advertisement

JUST turn on ps2, no disk, use right left ,up down , symbol buttons,to browse menus ,settings, i just used it to switch video mode to Widescreen,16/9.cos i8 got a 32inch hd tv.

JUST turn on ps2, no disk, use right left ,up down , symbol buttons,to browse menus ,settings, i just used it to switch video mode to Widescreen,16/9 cos i got a 32inch hd tv.or google ps2 set dvd region .

Advertisement