Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yes or no

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Okay, how about telling us the engine size, mileage, condition, specification, service history, nct status, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

1.6, 55K on clock, fvwsh, no nct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd go for a no. Looks private. You'll have no comeback and the mileage seems a bit low for the age

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nice looking car. 9k for a 6 year old golf is a lot!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

dmck2886 wrote:
    1.6, 55K on clock, fvwsh, no nct

Seems a bit dear to me also. I know Golfs hold their value well but on a private sale I wouldn't pay a penny more than €6.5k for that car with an NCT (assuming it's mint of course which is hard to tell from the pics).

Why no NCT do you know?

I know that many such cars will be in excellent condition, but I always assume the worst when I see big spoilered, big alloyed cars like that. Make sure you get/know the history, how it was driven etc..

I don't think the mileage is especially low for the year, my own '01 (from new) has around 58k and is a daily driver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No......6k euros, tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

No. Looks like a junior skanger got his hands on it and made a mess of what was once a nice car :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What the others said. Way overpriced, but someone else might well pay that for it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would be very interested to know how the current owner treated this car. Racing his/her friends, doing donuts and handbrake turns could be a possibility with this type of car but by no means a certainty. Unfortunately the odometer will not show this type of abuse.

I totally agree with the others though, €9k for a 6 year old Golf is crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

€9k? that's a ****ing joke man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement