Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New interest tax relief rate.

Options
  • 03-01-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when the new Interest Tax Relief rates will come into effect, should it be straight away, or is it not for a couple of months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you mean the increase in Mortgage Interest Relief, it is linked to the tax year which starts on 1 January. If you are getting it at source, it should come through on this month's payment, but check with your mortgage provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Victor wrote:
    If you mean the increase in Mortgage Interest Relief, it is linked to the tax year which starts on 1 January. If you are getting it at source, it should come through on this month's payment, but check with your mortgage provider.

I wouldn't be 100% sure it will come through this month. Last year it took the revenue 4 months to advise all employers of the new tax credits for each employee. I am not sure if the revenue have to contact all the banks about each account etc. but if they do it make take some time. That might not be a bad thing, with a nice little lump sum in a few months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hi Noelie

My mortgage repayment went out today and the revised rate seems to have been applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Thanks Guys.
    Stovelid what bank are you with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

aib
    Noelie wrote:
    Stovelid what bank are you with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement