Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No logo

Options
  • 03-01-2007 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Any Naomi Klein fans on the board? (No logo)
    Or Joel Bakan? (The Corporation).
    Orwell? 1984...
    Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451??

:D
    The girls at work have been talking about "Lost" tv program again :(:( Its depressing. I can't see the attraction to any of those programs! :(

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Everytime I try to read No Logo, I get bogged down in it. Maybe its my attention span of a goldfish, maybe its her style of writing but I expected alot more from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Not a fan of the writer as such, but on my "essential reading" list all the same :)

If you liked it, you might want to give "Boohoo: A Dot Com Story from Concept to Catastrophe" a try ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

I really enjoyed it. (no logo). I have Fences and Windows on my to-read pile too. (also N Klein).
    I've read Enron, the rise and fall (loren Fox) recently and do mean to read about the dotcom boom too.. too many on the to-read pile yet to order anymore for the moment though! :D
    The Corporation by Joel Bakan is excellent.. if you can bear with him for the first chapter or two, where he goes through the history of the corporation!
    I suscribed to "New Internationalist" recently too.. so will get a more broad range of related topics (and up to date) covered in that I'd imagine!
    :)http://www.newint.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

IT's not too bad. I got through it even though I would never normally read a book about politics or economics. I think it is written in fairly simple terms so it is accessible to a wider range of people. I still prefer fiction though, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Esmerelda

ambro25 wrote:
    Not a fan of the writer as such, but on my "essential reading" list all the same :)

Yes, No Logo is currently somewhere inside that great mountain of books on my desk that is my 'to read' pile. Some day I will read them all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Esmerelda wrote:
    Yes, No Logo is currently somewhere inside that great mountain of books on my desk that is my 'to read' pile. Some day I will read them all...

:eek: :eek: I wrote my username wrong when I was signing in, and ended up posting as someone else :eek: :eek:

wierdly, my own password worked though, so I never noticed...

Well it doesn't look like this person posts very much on boards (or at all...) anyway, so maybe she'll never notice :rolleyes:

Advertisement