Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping-urgent!

Options
  • 03-01-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just found my underground space occupied.Clamping company only clamp on surface level spaces!
    Management company not able to help!
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

park behind the offending car and block it in. Refuse to move until you are good and ready to do so (maybe leave it a day or two!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 falcon7x

Thanks Jabaroon but i cant as i would obstruct other vehicles!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If that space is yours then put up a sign saying it's a private space and clamping is in operation. Take a picture showing the date to show fair notice. Buy a clamp from a motor factor. If he parks there again clamp him.

Do you own or rent? Either way if this is your spot and is listed in your contract then I hope you aren't paying this management company for this apsect of the "service"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

falcon7x wrote:
    Just found my underground space occupied.Clamping company only clamp on surface level spaces!
    Management company not able to help!
    Help!

Park on surface and put a note in your window advising that you are a resident and that they should contact you before clamping. Surely the management company hires and pays the clampers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 falcon7x

Yes Brian clampers are in operation but only on surface spaces which makes it open to abuse underground!I will try to ascertain why the clamping company arent covering underground as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Might be as simple as their van is too high for the underground area or was there a barrier or gate that you needed a keycode for in the past? Perhaps it's broken now and that's why the underground area wasn't included in the contract.

Advertisement