Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conduit ?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

I want to put my cordless phone in the hallway but there is no power socket or phone socket. The main phone socket is in the kitchen. In the kitchen and hall there are blanked of socket box that lead via conduit to the attic. Probably there for a later addition of cable TV or something like that.

My question is would it be safe to run a power extension lead along with a phone extension lead in the same conduit from the kitchen to the hall via the attic. I want the do it that way so I don’t have leads running through the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

It is not recomended to do so as mains voltage if shorted to your phone line would cause serious damage to your phone lines. However, the main reason people do not do it is because of interference. You can always try it and make sure that there is no chance of the two lines shorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

It being a cordless phone, it shouldn't really matter where you place the base station. It only needs charging every few days.

Easiest thing sounds like it would be to base it in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the rule generally is not to run mains stuff parallel with tv/phone stuff ,crossing over is ok .putting them in the same pipe isn't allowed either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Thanks for the help. I ll leave the cordless in the kitchen I Think.

Advertisement