Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Satellite Map

• 03-01-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

We've all heard of Google Earth and how it allows us to zoom into any part of the world. Waterford isn't, as some of you may know, of the highest quality. Today while using FlashEarth, I flicked over to the ASK.com aerial maps and was absolutely over the moon to see Waterford in high resolution. The pictures look to be from the mid ninties though, but still!

clicky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Nice find!!

Its very old though.. I'd guess.. 7 - 8 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mutabi

For some reason for me, Its not showing any images. I had to go straight to Ask.com to get them. These images I believe were taken by a company called MapFlow based in Dublin. IOL used to have this exact same imagery on their website 7 or 8 years ago. How do I know its the same? I have a screenshot of my house that I took then, and its the exact same as what Ask.com is showing.

Very cool though to see the city in high res again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Trotter wrote:
    Nice find!!

Its very old though.. I'd guess.. 7 - 8 years?

sometime between 96 and 98 i'd say... looking at stuff built and not built...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

thanx have been looking for this for ages :)
    EDIT: but its not workin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

defo around the 96 - 98 time frame. Looking at bausch and lomb, the expansions that happened in around them years look like there only being built still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can only get the fairly distant images that are usually on Google Earth. I've got the bar with 'Ask' on it but I just get a no access sign. Whats the trick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Can someone explain these images to me...silly question...why are there no pics of cars driving on the roads for instance? (No cars on the cork road)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

There are loads out around hasbro/heitons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What struck me was that the majority of cars were red! Were we really that obsessed with red cars during the 90s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mutabi wrote:
    For some reason for me, Its not showing any images. I had to go straight to Ask.com to get them. These images I believe were taken by a company called MapFlow based in Dublin. IOL used to have this exact same imagery on their website 7 or 8 years ago. How do I know its the same? I have a screenshot of my house that I took then, and its the exact same as what Ask.com is showing.

Very cool though to see the city in high res again.

Same problem here. Won't display. I remember MapFlow. Very detailed maps. They were from around 1996-1998 alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Sorry - have it now! It's mapflow OK. Great to see it though - compared to the $hite on Google Earth and Microsoft detailing Ireland.:D

OK I've got Firefox, and all other necessary bits, can get site, click Ask.com link but can only get US images, how do I get Ireland?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=52.256688&lon=-7.116291&z=14.2&r=0&src=aska

That will automatically bring you to Waterford using ASK.com's Mapflow maps

Thanks for that |.Murderer.| but I've been there and all I get is the title page covered with greyed out 'no entry' signs. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

odd, working perfectly for me

ah yes. got it. bangs head off wall :o

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=52.256688&lon=-7.116291&z=14.2&r=0&src=aska

That will automatically bring you to Waterford using ASK.com's Mapflow maps

Great link |.Murderer.|

Advertisement