Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare stack of Mageweave sold!

Options
  • 04-01-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

The rarity of this stack of 20 mageweave really warranted the price I think..

mageweave.jpg

^_^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

hahaha doop'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

coogan you must have gone online just as i went off.. i'm playing FM07 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

noooob im just playing a wee bit of cs come online in around an hour tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Nice when it happens alright :D

aquamarine.jpg

hah nice one

• Advertisement

I posted that here a while ago cos I was feeling guilty and wanted a voxpop on whether I should contact the buyer or not. It was an honest mistake on my part - intended a 85s buyout and put the 85 in the wrong box. The general feeling was - screw him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Hehehe... I still remembered how about 3 days into the game I realised that I was selling most things at the AH for way below what everyone else sold them for... of course, this was the time when 20s seemed like a small fortune!´At least i am now congratulating myself for being clever enough not to make a mistake like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

You lot are terrible! contact him and give him his money back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Someone mailed me 1000G before, without explanation. They never asked for it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I hate auction house scammers.

• Advertisement

Binomate wrote:
    I hate auction house scammers.
    Haha you just hate that it's never worked for you :)

dlofnep wrote:
    Someone mailed me 1000G before, without explanation. They never asked for it back.
    You know that was a gold farmer who sent it to the wrong person don't you? :D

Bino - I was not scamming. I made an honest mistake and some muppet paid 85g for Aquamarine. Caveat emptor. He never came looking for the money back either.

Macros42 wrote:
    Bino - I was scamming.
    *Slip*

DRakE wrote:
    *Slip*
    oops - fixed now :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most likely this was a superhighbie who wanted Mageweave for something specific and didnt want to be arsed collecting it. If you are the only one selling Mageweave at that point, whats 85g to him... he probably has 1000's.

If your toon only had 100g do you think you'd make a mistake like this? You cant get to mageweave level or have 85g without realising the ROUGH price of cloth so it just cant be some poor newbie's last gold coins...

DeV.

I think it was more that I put up two stacks for 88 silver, then ne for 88gold then 2 for 88 silver and he bought em all out thinking they were all 88 silverrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Macros42 wrote:
    You know that was a gold farmer who sent it to the wrong person don't you? :D

Yes, I do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

oceansize wrote:
    You lot are terrible! contact him and give him his money back!

Well... the game rules are actually for players to be careful not to make mistakes, so the GM stance is if you make a mistake you deal with it. Hence if someone send you anything by mistake or you buy something for way above it's value - the other person doesn't have to give the money or items back... so, really, they're not doing anything wrong. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Jaysus, I bought a stack of Mageweave yesterday I better check that it wasn't me that made the mistake.......,eh then again I don't have 50g let alone 88g.

I was in Duskwallow marsh yesterday and some guy was looking for advice on where to find the first aid trainer. Nobody responded and after about 10 mins I did. The guy then sent me 6g with a note saying 'It does pay to help people'!!
    I was well chuffed. I reckon the guy had prob bought himself a few g's online if he was giving it away that easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

DRakE wrote:
    Haha you just hate that it's never worked for you :)
    Damn right.

So the guy whispered me yesterday..

"Enjoy the 88 gold? -.-"

I ignored him :O

TBH if the guy who spent that money on the aquamarine had whispered me I'd have given (at least some) of it back. But he didn't. I don't like AH scamming myself. But I'm careful when buying.

Not criticising you Drake - it's up to the buyer to check the price - it's just not something I'd do myself.

Although I do have quite a large stack of Runecloth in the bank .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

DRakE wrote:
    So the guy whispered me yesterday..

"Enjoy the 88 gold? -.-"

I ignored him :O

should have sent him 88s back, and offered him a stack of runecloth for 100g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

lol, I remember when i sold 20 silk cloth for 100G :D it was brilliant

there is some physology to it though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

im defo gonna try this tonight...jeez i'd love to sell somethign like this by accident...

Advertisement