Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network Cards and Linux

• 04-01-2007 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Im trying to get my wireless card to work with fedora ... looking around the internet it seems i have to install ndiswrapper because there is no linux driver

ive downloaded ndiswrapper and extracted it, and downloaded the driver i needed, but i cant seem to install ndiswrapper!

im a complete newbie, so i need instructions from the start...
    any help would be great, my laptop isnt much use to me without wireless networking.

my card is an IPN2220

Thanks,
    bri

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

which fedora core is it? if you go "modprobe ndiswrapper" as root does it give you back a message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

when i put in uname-a i get
    2.6.15-1.2054+FC5 #1 ...

when i enter
    modprobe ndiswrapper , i get
    Module ndswrapper not found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

is putting a newer distribution on your computer an option? i know in suse 10.2 and ubuntu ndiswrapper is piss easy. Fedora core 5 is badly outdated

just installed fedora today for the first time! it took me long enuf to install it alongside windows ...

are there any other options?

i would consider installing another distribution if i was gonna get more hassle like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

brian_rbk wrote:
    i cant seem to install ndiswrapper!
    Please elaborate.

• Advertisement

got it sorted ... updated all the software packages online, took a few hours, and when i tried again it worked!

delighted... thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I had problems with FC5 when I installed as well with regards to installing some other programs, although I didn't need ndiswrapper. Everything worked fine for me when I upgraded the kernel to a newer version that the original 2.6.15-1.2054. (Although it may have been something else). Anyway its working now but i always find its best to update everything straight away after your fresh install. For FC 'sudo yum update' will cover everything including the kernel.

Advertisement