Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing/replacing floor tile question.

Options
  • 04-01-2007 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I will be getting a new kitchen fitted soonish, the floor tiles in my kitchen, which are hidden by laminate at the moment, are hideos.I don't think laying new tiles on old is a good idea, so am thinking of removing them for a fresh batch. I have the drill type kango to do the job but am wondering if it's nessary to remove the cement also, I mean does the floor have to be 100% level and uniform or do I have to remove every scrap of old cement. I won't be laying them myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Do you mean the old adhesive? that should come up handy enough, I don't think you need a kango for the job. A tiler worth his salt will come round look at your floor before giving a price to determine if the area needs levelling or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

is it a wooden floor or concrete?
    Should come up easily on wood, concrete will be a bitch
    I did it a few weeks ago and it was painful and very messy.

You wont need to get it super smooth, but the smoother you get it the lower the adhesive bed can be

Advertisement