Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pgce Application On Gttr Wrecking My Head

• 04-01-2007 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Everyone.

I need some help filling out the online GTTR application for the PGCE in primary teaching. Basically i'm not sure where to enter college and leaving cert grades on the "Qualifications" tab. Should i just put them in where it looks for details regarding GCSE results.
    Also on the "Personal Details" tab, what do i put down for question on who's paying for fees and also the residential category.
    One last thing, what sort of referee should i be looking for. I was thinking my old college lecturers but didn't really know these well and don't even know if they're still in the college (its been 3 years).
    Sorry for all the questions but i'd appreciate help from anyone who has filled this out before.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Your Leaving Cert Grades go under the A Levels or equivalent section. (GCSE is more Junior Cert level).

You don't say what the options are for the residential category but your fees will be paid by your local authority in the UK. But you don't know your address yet so put TBC or whatever option they provide like that. This is perfectly acceptable as coming from Ireland, you can't apply for funding til you have the place. All of this can be recitified later.

And regarding referees, you don't say if you have any experience with young people or not. If you do, it may be more beneficial to use that fr a reference. If not then absolutely contact a college lecturer. The majority of applicants for the PGDE will have lecturers as a reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

Actually the gttr form is preset (drop down menu) to give the Irish Leaving Cert as a GCSE equivalent so you have to enter your maths/english/science leaving cert results as equivilent to GCSE.

A Leaving Cert subject is actually worth more than a GCSE but less than an A level, thats why people usually take 7 LC subjects but 3 or 4 A levels . (i'm pretty sure on this but feel free to correct me!) Just enter the rest of your Leaving cert subjects in the next category under A level equivilent. Don't bother entering your Junior Cert results. You'll run out of space.

Good luck!

Advertisement