Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend's Dad

• 04-01-2007 3:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im dating this girl who is really sweet, loving and just all round greatness..
    So Im talking to her and she gets into a massive fight with her dad who is calling her a mistake who ruined he's life, and she took her off he's will.. I asked her why did he do all this etc and never got a straight answer other that "He was allways like that",
    I asked her was she ok, and then I said does he hit you or anything and it turns out he does.. I asked her why doesnt she like do anything against it but she say s "he tires himself after a while"..another thing is she really small and petite so she cant really do much
    I dont know what to do, I feel helpless that my girlfriend who I would do anything for is getting hit by her asshole father, and it worries me that something bad could happen :(

Any ideas to what I could do??? urgent help is needed!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

What age is she? If she's old enough she could move out and get herself sorted then decide if she wanted to go to guards and take it further. This is abuse. If she's a minor then she should be protected and get help from the authorities. Where is her mother? Does she not see him harming her daughter and do something about it? There is emotional and physical abuse going on here, and the sooner your girlfriend gets out from under his roof and away from his influence, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Get her out. One way or the other, then find out if bridges can be built. This is about control and the longer she stays under his control the harder it will be to help her.

Also, are we talking about a fight, an argument, or a beating?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Without info on age etc I can only refer you to the pros:

Prevention of cruelty to children services including Childline
    http://www.ispcc.ie/Services.htm
    http://www.ispcc.ie/Links.htm
    http://www.ispcc.ie/childline.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

If she is old enough help her to move out and help her to go for councelling - if not, the links provided by biko may be of use. She is lucky to have you as a boyfriend, this situation is not easy so she really need support to make the decisions that she know she needs to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

OP you have to try and influence your gf to move out or report him or both, in short you have to ensure she does something. Violence at home is something that will always stay with someone for the rest of their life, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Get a bunch of lads together - no one violent, just people who appreciate how much of a sadistic prick this father is... Find out what pub he drinks in, and what time he leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

sunnyjim advocating volince will get you banned from this forum as it is unhelpful and
    unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

lol ah he meant well, but at the end of the day that is her father, she might not appreciate you doing that.what makes you think he would not go and get his more older and mental friends after you. in all seriousness it would worsen matters, eg he gets hard on her, and forbids his daughter from seeing you.

solution, depending on age, help her move out. either way just make sure you let her know you are there for her and always ready to talk, where is the mother or her other friends?

but fair play to you though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is she telling the truth or seeking attention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

u said shes petite and cant do anthing well why dont u go to the father and tell him if he dosent stop you'll do something whether it be get your gf out of there, report him or as we would all love to do to scum like this hit the prick.see how he likes it for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cork1 sunnyjim advocating volince will get you banned from this forum as it is unhelpful, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

dame wrote:
    What age is she? If she's old enough she could move out and get herself sorted then decide if she wanted to go to guards and take it further. This is abuse. If she's a minor then she should be protected and get help from the authorities. Where is her mother? Does she not see him harming her daughter and do something about it? There is emotional and physical abuse going on here, and the sooner your girlfriend gets out from under his roof and away from his influence, the better.
    I would say be careful and get more information before acting. Verify it! Witness it or find other how have done so. Remember if you girlfriend may be revengeful. She will say anything to motive you and get you sympathy. I have seen this before, so this is why I am asking you to be careful. It is so easy to get emotional involved, so take a step back and look at all the signs, and question it before proceeding. It could be that both of them are letting off steam that has been building up, over the years. I want you to look at all the angles to this. Ie looking in the front door is different that the back door. Take care.

Advertisement