Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phone insurance

• 04-01-2007 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

hi

im wondering does anyone know what way phone insurance works?
    if you break your phone under any circumstances, do they replace it?

i have insurance with O2, had it will all my bill phones and have never claimed. About 4/5 years now

im looking at getting a new phone, but was wondering?

could i *accidentialy* break my current phone and get a new one. Then go and get my new upgrade, allowing me to sell the one i just got on insurance?

maybe thats sorta illegal but was just wondering?

if this thread isnt allowed, apologies, go ahead and delete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

have they not offered you a free upgrade every year ?

Friend of mine got k800i for free just for staying one year with 3

well read the terms and conditions on ur agreement

how about going in tallagh shopping center to loose your mobile in Mc donalds ! :):D Just kidding

remeber there is a difference between lost and stolen it can change the whole picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

no O2 give you an upgrade every 18 months or when you spend €800 in 12 months

well might just let it fall

was just wondering if i get a new phone, does it cancel out my upgrade.

technically the insurance is with a different company, only paid through O2

insurance shouldnt cancel the upgrade

The best company i found is carphone wharehouse its a big company and its easy to deal with

yes let it fail and then go with all sorts of complains and eventually you should get it u might have to send it for repairs multiple times before getting a new handset

is it NOKIA ? the handset in question

its a SE k750i

i was thinking more along the lines of, break it in bits on the ground, say i let it fall or something

then get a new k750i from them, then get my upgrade, unlock the new k750i and sell it or give it to the other half

well just be careful

coz once u have made ur move u will have to stick to it so

plan ahead :)

i am not sure about breaking idea .

i have never dealth with o2 people

always been with CPW and they are always with "customer first" approach !

Good Luck with it if u ger a decent person he will do it for u other with tough luck

But sure there are plenty of stores in dublin so pick the bussiest one :D and dont leave shop until satisfied

Tricks of Trade !

• Advertisement

ill say it to yer man in the shop and just ask him straight out, see what he says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm not entirely sure how the insurance works. My friend lost her phone at a party and we assumed she could get a replacement under her insurance, but to our astonishment she was told no. Immediately I cancelled my insurance!

kelle wrote:
    I'm not entirely sure how the insurance works. My friend lost her phone at a party and we assumed she could get a replacement under her insurance, but to our astonishment she was told no. Immediately I cancelled my insurance!

in all ur statement there is one word which just fecked the whole thing and its "lost" when u have insurance always remember its never lost its always "STOLEN" :D:D:D

though that would require a police report i think

yes but when u loose your phone some one must have found that and that makes it stolen :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dare I link you direct to the relevent part of the O2 website.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Phones/Other%20services/Insurance

The only downside is that it's not done thorugh O2 - it's done through a company called Eagle Star which means you may be without a phone for a day or two.

Both lost and stolen phones need a police report.

Advertisement