Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing mould from a painted wall.

Options
  • 04-01-2007 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how I can remove mould from a painted wall. Have tried scrubbing it off but to no avail.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

the previous house I lived in had a bad problem with black mould in the bathroom and kitchen. There is a product specifically for the removal of mould you can get in any large supermarket which you spray on, leave for a while and wipe off. Works well enough - can't remember the name for it but it's fairly obvious if you look in the cleaning product section.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

The best product I've found is the one sold by Atlantic Homecare called HG Mould Spray. It is a bit pricey (around 12 Euros a bottle) but is very efficient and will remove the mould for a long time or even for ever (there was a bit of mould on a bathroom wall I sprayed about 1 1/2 years ago and hasn't reappeared, mould in bedroom ceiling corners needs re-application about once a year (old house, dry-lined room, PVC windows but no vent hence a slight mould problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Nice one people am heading into town today so I shall have a look around! Cheers for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bog standard (pardon the pun) household bleach diluted 1:3 with cold water and then sprayed on and left for an hour or two will kill the mould and clean most of the blackness.
    Wipe it off, then allow it to dry thourougly and paint with a stain blocker. Allow to dry again and touch up the area with the corresponding finish colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

As we speak im following a helpful suggestion wertz supplied in a post back in december regarding using bleach to kill mould on a velux window and its working a treat but my mold was deep and my fingertips are just about worn off from sanding !

Cheers wertz ! I just hope it doesn't rain while I have my velux taken out of the frame !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement