Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom (What To Do)

Options
  • 04-01-2007 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Well, after finally getting broadband and a phone line, Eircom send me a whopping bill for over 300 quid.
    I promptly rang them and explained that firstly they had charged me for installation, which they shouldn't have as there was a line there already and all they had to do was re-activate it.
    Secondly they put me on the most expensive BB package they have, one meant for business, tho I ony requested the second cheapest (all I would need).
    I rang them and they said "Hmmmmm yes we shouldn't have charged you for the installation, we'll credit your account for the 104 quid. They blamed ME for ordering the wrong BB package, they said I must have "clicked the wrong icon on the website".....
    I work in I.T. for gods sake, if I was in the habit of clicking random icons I would be out of a job. Anyway, I let that slide just to be rid of the problem. She told me my account would be credited and I said fine.
    It was only afterwards that I began to wonder what that means. Do I still have to pay the 300 or are they going to issue a revised bill.

BUT THERE'S MORE.

They're incompetence may have shot them in the foot. I also set up a direct debit online when ordering the service. That hasn't worked either.
    So do I contact them, thell them the direct debit didn't work and while they're at it could they revise the bill so I'm only paying what I actually owe them? I have to stay with them as they are the only service provider in the area.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They wouldn't be the only ISP in the area, you can still go with the likes of BT, UTV, Digiweb, IBB etc

They basically re-sell Eircom Wholesales bitstream product with some changes (often cheaper, higher cap etc) so if your not happy vote with your feet and move to somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

In my experience they will expect you to the pay bill and credit you the amount on your next broadband bill. The DD not working could also cause you big problems that if they cut you off for non payment they may charge you a re-connection fee if they cease your broadband account.

If i was you i would call back and sort the mess before it gets bigger, which it usually does.

Advertisement