Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N73 on Three Network Ireland

• 04-01-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know if the nokia n73 is going to be released on the three network in Ireland soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

last time I asked, it was end of Jan, early Feb.
    Dubali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i asked vodafone, and the guy in the shop told me June, even though its in their christmas brochure

i know you were asking about 3, just giving more info :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

Vodafone told me September, then October, then December, and now probably January or February.

Dubali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I'm waiting for one (upgrade from my V3X). When I spoke to someone from 3 this week they said in about 2 weeks time so end of Jan sounds right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Network 3 = NO NO
    Nokia N93 = NO NO

Too Many "N"s :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davedth

Thanks Guys,

I am waiting to get rid of my v3x aswell ( can't wait ) its been replaced 3 times in 1 year. I was going to get the n70 buy heard the n73 is the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Write people...I want your help.....I walked into a vodafone shop and said"When is the new nokia n73 coming out" Without even thinking about it she said "March". So i said thats fine.....
    As i live next to the border....Can people give me advice on buying a phone in the north and can i buy a PAYG phone and will my irish sim work work in it??(vodafone irish sim)Some help please...Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Bummer wrote:
    As i live next to the border....Can people give me advice on buying a phone in the north and can i buy a PAYG phone and will my irish sim work work in it??(vodafone irish sim)Some help please...Thanks!!

Fraid not; the only (remote) chance you have is getting an O2 UK contract which are often left unlocked. Then you can use an Irish SIM in it. Once I got the cheapest Virgin Siemens going on PAYG and they were all unlocked. Doubt if that's any longer the case.

Look at 3PAYG: both UK and Irish nets are now offering "Three Like Home" offering free MT in either jurisdiction and bundled usable minutes too in all 3 territories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

alrite....culabula....thanks for letting me know......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I am still waiting for the N73. It should be a fantastic phone, depending on how much three have fecked with the software. I hope the worst they have done is added the usual planet3 button, renamed Email to 3mail, added their settings and bookmarks to the browser, their own custom skin, disabled the GSM-ONly option in Network settings and then preinstalled the software apps for X-Series (MSN, Sling etc). At least those changes they make are simple additions to the software pack and a few registry tweaks. They generally do not make much of a change to the phone's software with the exception of locking down the network settings.

I keep checking 3's website, but I was hoping to be able to get the phone next week, I was specifically told to contact 3 over the phone to order it because they said they would offer me "incentives", what ever they will be. Also, they told me that they changed the price bands and scrapped the "a" plan which means that the phone will now be cheaper then it would be normally on an upgrade, but the shops are still using the "a" plan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement